• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Italy vs Ireland (24/02/2019)

Great try, but not sure about the turnover. Loving the ambition, makes you wonder what Ireland could do it they opened up a bit...

We've been so bad. As TABby says shades of 2013 especially in the backs. Still at least two penalisable offences in that last Italian try.

On the turnover, if Murray has lifted the ball then surely it's fair game?

Italy have improved since Brunel stopped coaching them

Really want Ireland to win so they have something to play for

Yep. Although, did he run into the line of the attacker as that would equally be a penalty?

Tibaldi is having a great game. He's a menace.

There's an argument but I'd say given the direction he's facing it'd be hard to penalise and offences don't offset anyway.

There's an argument but I'd say given the direction he's facing it'd be hard to penalise and offences don't offset anyway.

Yeah fair. Better shout for a pen there than the turnover - thought Murray was fair game, not an Irish forward there providing him with cover.

Ireland will need to wake up, but Italy don't have a big enough lead to win this yet.

Tebaldi went in off his feet, was cleared out and entered the ruck again. Ref even said "through the middle", definitely a peno.

Farrell's "attempt" at a tackle at the end was horrific.

Yeah, Ireland still heavy favourites. Leaves some promising winning margin bets though.

Could this be Ireland's first win in X games from behind at half time? Maybe the slow start is another Schmidt masterplan!

Tebaldi went in off his feet, was cleared out and entered the ruck again. Ref even said "through the middle", definitely a peno.
There's nothing illegal about re-entering a ruck though? I don't understand what you think the penalty should be for?

So its Sexton, Earls, Farrell for the rest of the game, never played that combo before I think, that's not going to help. Definitely going to affect defense out wide.
Cronin the only real difference at lineout this week so I'm assuming he's ******** the bed at being No 1 as he's wont to do. Murray continuing his shocking form. Just need to tighten it up, Henderson on to steady the ship on the pack, Jordi Murphy too small for an international 8.

Latest posts