• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (09/02/2019)

Looking at the squad again, I am a bit shocked and Holmes inclusion on the wing over Amos. Holmes is a 15 really whereas Amos is a proven test winger with real xfactor. I can only assume he is a 50 minutes entry at 13. Anyone else agree?

I would've gone Amos over Holmes if I'm honest but that's not to say I'm not a fan of the decision.

Always liked Amos and believe he will prove me right in eventually earning 50+ caps but in the short amount of time I have been watching Holmes he has really impressed me too. Both (either/or) are great players for the 23, covering as many positions as they do.

Proves gatland doesn't know which 9&10 to play against England with this selection. Rest of the changes are fine. Pleased to see Watkins in for Parkes hopefully he can put his hand up for England also happy to see Holmes get a run out . Should be good enough for a bp win but that last quarter against Scotland Italy showed what they are capable of and I don't think their fitness will drop off like previous campaigns.

Bring on the weekend. Im just happy theres some good quality rugby to watch and I am not at work!

Holmes is a good player and has done well in a poor Tigers side this season. I thought he was decent against Tonga and I'd back him to do well tomorrow. I may even put a cheeky tenner on him scoring.

On paper that team is good enough to win, but after the rather disjointed performance last week I would have only made a few changes instead of 2/3rds of the team. I think Tomos Williams is the future, just had a bad game against France, so would have kept him in there,

On paper that team is good enough to win, but after the rather disjointed performance last week I would have only made a few changes instead of 2/3rds of the team. I think Tomos Williams is the future, just had a bad game against France, so would have kept him in there,

From my experience of being a Wales fan during Warrens reign, we always look a bit ropey during that first half of rugby. I think all the training going into the first game is always predominantly fitness and hard graft, with very little actual ball work etc.

As we get into the tournament, the fitness is established and the finer points of the actual game are honed. It worries me how totally I'm worried I am about this match.

10 changes. Kind of understandable, but disrespects the tournament a little bit in my eyes.

It's overtly telling Italy that they're not good enough (which they aren't). Wouldn't be thrilled if I'd shelled out to go and see this.

Gatland is entitled to use the players in the squad however he sees fit. Same as all home nations would. I just think it proves the coaches believe in their strength in depth. Its not overtly or any other way telling Italy anything. Its Wales coaches taking the opportunity to experiment.

I think the welsh have some very good players in this team, I think its more a case of using all the players and getting them used to the atmosphere that is the international area.

... works done and out of the office, 6N weekend 2 begins!

Question...pub or bigger tv in the comfort of home

Question...pub or bigger tv in the comfort of home

Home, as it doesn't hold the same tension / atmosphere as the other game nations in the 6N. People won't focus on the game which will take away from the atmosphere too.

God I hate Mike Phillips. I think he's a cheating ****. Great start to this game BBC...

God I hate Mike Phillips. I think he's a cheating ****. Great start to this game BBC...

He's like any spikey funt, if he plays for anyone other than your team he inspires nothing but hatred... if he plays for your team, not so much...

G
He's like any spikey funt, if he plays for anyone other than your team he inspires nothing but hatred... if he plays for your team, not so much...
First, my bad it's ITV. Second it is mainly down to when he took a quick lineout against Ireland. Yes the officials ****** up, but he knew what he was doing. For me if he could get away with it he would bend the rules to kingdom come.

G

First, my bad it's ITV. Second it is mainly down to when he took a quick lineout against Ireland. Yes the officials ****** up, but he knew what he was doing. For me if he could get away with it he would bend the rules to kingdom come.

Oh I totally agree... it's the scrum half version of the 'dark arts'... McCaw is a big fan apparently.

Latest posts