• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (09/02/2019)

Nor should slowing the ball down holding onto it whilst off your feet. All for stamping if it gets some cheating paws of the ball!

Not really in the same league, one is slightly cynical, not entirely in the spirit of the game but not dangerous in any way, the other is willfully dangerous, dirty and thankfully has been largely stamped out of the game over the last 20 years by the TMO and post-game citings.

Scotland has a big hill to climb now.

Because of the ref!!! Not down to great play by the Irish. The ref allowed Ireland to gain so many yards and the commentary box acknowledged a number of penalties that weren't and the advantage that went on for a lifetime that simply was wrong. Second half try by Ireland should never have been...

Because of the ref!!! Not down to great play by the Irish. The ref allowed Ireland to gain so many yards and the commentary box acknowledged a number of penalties that weren't and the advantage that went on for a lifetime that simply was wrong. Second half try by Ireland should never have been...

This fella crazy.

The ref was consistently giving long penalty advantage (and short scrum advantage) during the game. You could argue the advantage being played was too long and I'd actually agree. But it was done across the board. There wasn't a suspiciously long advantage that screwed Scotland.

Ireland were far from their best today, but Scotland were just as far from theirs. I'm not over the moon about how great we played at all, and I'm disappointed we didn't manage the bonus point. But on the balance of things, Ireland were simply the better team today. Though not by much.

Scotland has a big hill to climb now.

Because of the ref!!! Not down to great play by the Irish. The ref allowed Ireland to gain so many yards and the commentary box acknowledged a number of penalties that weren't and they acknowledged the penalty advantage that went on for a lifetime that simply was wrong. Second half try by Ireland should never have been if you track it back to poor ref decision making
Scotland's handling errors have largely been avoidable, often not under pressure. It's stopped them from being competitive this half, despite having a platform. Bit of a tournament moment here with the possible BP.

Again - Yes handling errors, but all started from around the 50th minute with crap decisions by the ref. Scotland got frustrated, Ireland scored a try from ref penalties when Scotland should have had the ball. Ireland were lucky in this game and I hope they run out of luck soon. Great team, great coach, but seriously starting to get a bit boring to watch and they did nothing really to win this game but simply had a few lucky calls go their way that stopped the Scottish momentum.

End of the day Scotland showed why they will never win a RWC (Well the next 4 RWC) and why they most likely won't win a 6N's for a good decade.

Dillane has had a good cameo. Good for him after what's been a rough period.

Not getting the bonus point is annoying in the end but leaving Scotland with a solid win is always good.

Come on the World Cup....!!! After that performance (and last weeks), Ireland should be worried. Scotland will be the underdogs and we like that! You've not struck a mental blow, rather ****** off a nation. See you in Japan!

Come on the World Cup....!!! After that performance (and last weeks), Ireland should be worried. Scotland will be the underdogs and we like that! You've not struck a mental blow, rather ****** off a nation. See you in Japan!

I'm looking forward to seeing you sober tomorrow.

As opposed to all those competitions were you have not been underdogs.......
Scotland have been underdogs in every competition since the Hastings bros and you have won..................
tenor.gif

Kearney was awesome, really showed his class today. Really helped the wingers who both had improved games. Farrell started really well but drifted out of the game and he's not really a 'cutting teams open' style 13. Not helped with a terrible performance from Aki though. Sexton wasn't fully fit bit was decent in spite of that before being forced off. Murray is in terrible form.

Healy and Furlong were very good as usual. Best was decent but should be making way for Cronin with 25 minutes to go. The sub props were decent but that replacement front row aren't strong enough in he scrum.

Ryan, O'Mahony and O'Brien were good but not at their (admittedly brilliant) best. Roux was good as was Dillane when he came on. I was worried about our second row but it worked well. Conan had a good game and Van Der Flier brought great energy.

Are you having a laugh. Not a great performance by anyone really. Good first half followed by a shocking second. Moving forward, both teams need to look long and hard at themselves. Ireland 2nd best team in the World, didn't play like it today, so stop flattering a pretty standard performance.

Too many posts here to catch up on so I'm going with my unpopular opinion.

I did say I expect Ireland to win but in all the years I've been going to Murrayfield (yes I know you miss stuff in person), I've never come away thinking the game was due to the ref. There was a lot of boos and from the crowd it felt like Scotland won only bullshit calls and too many calls went back to Ireland when it mattered.

Though I fully understand most of you watched this on the telly and you're going to tell me how well Ireland did etc. Just thought I'd throw it in as I"ve never felt like that since the Oz game in the 2015 world cup.

Fun game to watch though, I think Scotland will smash absolute **** out of France and Wales.

Cheers,

As opposed to all those competitions were you have not been underdogs.......
Scotland have been underdogs in every competition since the Hastings bros and you have won..................
tenor.gif

So were Ireland not long ago... You couldn't string any wins together to save yourselves. Granted, an example of how to structure and nurture talent etc.. Seriously though - take a look at the game today and ask yourself. Good performance or lucky one? And consider some of the ref decisions and their timings leading up to your tries. If I was Ireland and after your embarrassment last week at the hands of England, take time to recognise a few areas of concern... Not the invincible team that everyone was talking about being a World Cup Winner. But hey... I love a Celtic side to win. But the Irish in the pub today started a fight (all about your beloved Sexton). A glass injury later to a bystander and an arrest and I can't help notice the relations are getting less friendly. Where is the Irish charm and fun loving attitude. You'll understand if my anger in the messaging is clearly present as my friend was the innocent bystander and she is very shaken. Enjoy your moment. Still think you were just lucky, not a deserved win... And given the atmosphere in the pub, the stadium and even the commentary box, most people were disappointed in such a flat second half when the first promised so much...

Too many posts here to catch up on so I'm going with my unpopular opinion.

I did say I expect Ireland to win but in all the years I've been going to Murrayfield (yes I know you miss stuff in person), I've never come away thinking the game was due to the ref. There was a lot of boos and from the crowd it felt like Scotland won only bullshit calls and too many calls went back to Ireland when it mattered.

Though I fully understand most of you watched this on the telly and you're going to tell me how well Ireland did etc. Just thought I'd throw it in as I"ve never felt like that since the Oz game in the 2015 world cup.

Fun game to watch though, I think Scotland will smash absolute **** out of France and Wales.

Cheers,

Your fans booed Sexton's first kick, so take the boos with a pinch of salt.

So were Ireland not long ago... You couldn't string any wins together to save yourselves. Granted, an example of how to structure and nurture talent etc.. Seriously though - take a look at the game today and ask yourself. Good performance or lucky one? And consider some of the ref decisions and their timings leading up to your tries. If I was Ireland and after your embarrassment last week at the hands of England, take time to recognise a few areas of concern... Not the invincible team that everyone was talking about being a World Cup Winner. But hey... I love a Celtic side to win. But the Irish in the pub today started a fight (all about your beloved Sexton). A glass injury later to a bystander and an arrest and I can't help notice the relations are getting less friendly. Where is the Irish charm and fun loving attitude. You'll understand if my anger in the messaging is clearly present as my friend was the innocent bystander and she is very shaken. Enjoy your moment. Still think you were just lucky, not a deserved win... And given the atmosphere in the pub, the stadium and even the commentary box, most people were disappointed in such a flat second half when the first promised so much...

I ain't Irish.

Although they all wish I was...

Your fans booed Sexton's first kick, so take the boos with a pinch of salt.
On the back of the try? Well yeah.

I genuinely might be forgetting as I'm pished, but if that was on the back of the try from Hogg being injured. I don't need salt. I certainly don't need potatoes either.

On the back of the try? Well yeah.

I genuinely might be forgetting as I'm pished, but if that was on the back of the try from Hogg being injured. I don't need salt. I certainly don't need potatoes either.
Defending the booing of a kick? First Nation to do this, this current 6N.

Latest posts