• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (09/02/2019)

Its to be proper windy and possibly wet. Tailor made for Kearney to cause a bit of havoc.

In a wet and windy kicking battle you would expect Ireland to come out on top. Saying that though, I thought Ireland would better England last week in the kicking game but that didn't happen so you never know. I feel the thoughts towards Scotland haven't changed the last few years 'Yes, they can win, as long as they don't get mullered upfront'

In a wet and windy kicking battle you would expect Ireland to come out on top. Saying that though, I thought Ireland would better England last week in the kicking game but that didn't happen so you never know. I feel the thoughts towards Scotland haven't changed the last few years 'Yes, they can win, as long as they don't get mullered upfront'

I just have a feeling that if Ireland are leading by a score or less with ten minutes left they have what it takes to keep the Scots at arms length and see the game out. If they're trailing by a score or less they have that knack of getting the score needed to grind out a win (Sexton's drop goal in Paris as an example).

You'd assume Murray's bad day with the boot was a one off, if Ireland don't win the kicking battle at windy Murrayfield that would be a bit of a concern

I would have expected Murray to be better box kick wise than Young's outside of that I wouldn't have expected them to have a kicking advantage not when you consider Faz, Slade and Daly all great tactical kickers in their own rights.

You'd assume Murray's bad day with the boot was a one off, if Ireland don't win the kicking battle at windy Murrayfield that would be a bit of a concern
This is from my views of Conor most days since his return from injury. It wasn't a once off. His form since returning from injury is patchy at best.
Alby is outplaying him here in Munster and I'm not sure is confidence an issue as well as the rest.

The issue for the Scots will be can they hold their nerve vs a Schmidt team. That is how Ireland win a lot of games is they remain patient and calm. And pick off the opposition when they bite too early or late.

Interesting Sean O'Brien never trained today and was having his workload managed but is a doubt.

The non 23 ppayers brought were John Ryan, Rhys Ruddock and Adam Byrne. Strange to hear it's those 3. John Ryan I get as he covers both sides but rest is interesting. Ruddock probably as he cpvers back 5 but Byrne over Addison or Larmour just like if someone went down like Farrell

Interesting Sean O'Brien never trained today and was having his workload managed but is a doubt.

The non 23 ppayers brought were John Ryan, Rhys Ruddock and Adam Byrne. Strange to hear it's those 3. John Ryan I get as he covers both sides but rest is interesting. Ruddock probably as he cpvers back 5 but Byrne over Addison or Larmour just like if someone went down like Farrell
Larmour's already in the 23

Really looking forward to today's game. It's on record to watch when I'm back from the football.

I really think Ireland will win, probably not with a bonus point. It's going to be a close fought battle, but Ireland are too good to lose twice in a row.

Adam Byrne is an interesting one given that there were other options named in the original squad. I'm delighted to see it though. Five months ago he was stuck in Leinster's A team and only got another chance because all the other Leinster wingers got injured. He's really turned it around since then and fully deserves being back in the Ireland squad.

Surely that's a yellow for Kearney?
No attempt to tackle just clattered straight into the guys head/neck

I know we have to keep a pillar and a 9 defender but too many men are getting taken out with the first pass.

Latest posts