• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (02/02/2019)

... FairPlay, loving this version of 500 miles... Quite polka-esque.

Love a crossfield, especially one as pinpoint perfect as that

Was that ball really out though? Will be interested to see the replays cause it didn't look it to me

Great kick by Russell. Italy looking very chaotic and Scotland should love this.

I like that Luke Pearce backs his call without going to TMO but a few calls have been wrong such as that knock on - he was not in a position to catch that.

Was that last pass flat? Looked forward from the angle.

Clear forward pass from Russell in the build up to that try. Pearce is riding Italy here.

Scotland are getting away with murder at the breakdown,
Assisting tacklers not releasing at all

Love a crossfield, especially one as pinpoint perfect as that

Was that ball really out though? Will be interested to see the replays cause it didn't look it to me

I agree, that ball wasn't out. Ref has gifted Scotland 12 points here. Not that they won't win anyway

While Pearce has made some mistakes, this contest shouldn't be close. Italy are all over the place, unstructured and any good work they do is undone by some pretty poor stuff. Scotland need to just be patient, don't force it and they should win comfortably. They keep breaking the Italian line.

While Pearce has made some mistakes, this contest shouldn't be close. Italy are all over the place, unstructured and any good work they do is undone by some pretty poor stuff. Scotland need to just be patient, don't force it and they should win comfortably. They keep breaking the Italian line.

I agree, Italy's backs look far less dangerous than last year. As you say, if Scotland keep their heads this should be a big score.

There are some promising signs from Italy butbthey can't but they can't put it together though.

Pearse mastering the art of cop outs and avoiding making any decisions today.

He is, problem is that when he has made a decision it hasn't always been right and when he doesn't most people think it was actually a clear decision. I'd rather he be decisive and get a few wrong than not and let players get away with things.

Italy disappointing a bit, seem to have gone backwards in attack, nowhere near the level they were last year. Early tournament rustiness maybe. And very poor defence, throwing all their efforts into the narrow defence, then when Scotland inevitably get it wide they've made some poor reads, Morisi in particular looks terrible.

Scotland should be much further ahead to be honest.

From that replay I agree that ball was out for first try. 9 was not part of the ruck and the ball was away from the ruck.

Edit: Also refusing to show a side on view of the second try. It's close, but I want to see a clear angle as to whether Hogg's pass is forward.

Latest posts