• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (09/03/2019)

Scotland did alright with the players available, and the injuries that happened during the game. Concerning that they only got going after Ritchie had a spat with Adams.

Positives are that Hastings seems to be coming out his slump and all the young players (bar Kinghorn) did pretty well.

I think Ali Price had been warned to play with more control and that curtailed things. So few line breaks for Scotland given their possession. Twickenham isn't the place to experiment but the Edinburgh centres need to be given an opportunity prior to the RWC. The Glasgow reserve centres haven't taken their chance.

Why the hell would gats go to scotland ?? Ridiculous statement, and Edwards loves Wales even has a Welsh surname , move on hahahaha

I never issue dislikes but congrats on earning one with your childish response. I actually think the WRU have made a big mistake letting Gats go. Watch out for a post WC crash.

Scotland did alright with the players available, and the injuries that happened during the game. Concerning that they only got going after Ritchie had a spat with Adams.

Positives are that Hastings seems to be coming out his slump and all the young players (bar Kinghorn) did pretty well.

I think Ali Price had been warned to play with more control and that curtailed things. So few line breaks for Scotland given their possession. Twickenham isn't the place to experiment but the Edinburgh centres need to be given an opportunity prior to the RWC. The Glasgow reserve centres haven't taken their chance.
Why didn't Hamish Watson start he was a wrecking ball ?

Why is it childish? It's a valid response to your ridiculous statement and I stand by it.

You clearly can't read - I never said Gatland should take the Scotland job - I said that Scotland could do with coaches like him and Edwards. Understand the difference? Someone who knows a lot more about rugby that both you and I (your former captain Gwyn Jones) stated that Scotland reminded him of Wales before Gatland arrived. Not so ridiculous when you consider that statement.

Gwyn will make sweeping comments at the best of times. I'm talking reality , gats and Edwards would never go to scotland and if you think otherwise so be it...

Gwyn will make sweeping comments at the best of times. I'm talking reality , gats and Edwards would never go to scotland and if you think otherwise so be it...

Do you understand English? I said they are probably what Scotland need. I didn't say they could, would or should go to Scotland. Deary me.

How long do you peeps think Gregor will get before he gets sacked, after next weekend, after World Cup??

Especially with a vast majority of the fans now turning on him and probably Mr Dodson for sacking Vern.

How long do you peeps think Gregor will get before he gets sacked, after next weekend, after World Cup??

Especially with a vast majority of the fans now turning on him and probably Mr Dodson for sacking Vern.

I think he'll get a reprieve due to the injury crisis. Also pointless making a change before the WC if there are no suitable replacements now. There may be a spike in available candidates post WC so probably makes sense to wait and make the WC last chance saloon.

You clearly can't read - I never said Gatland should take the Scotland job - I said that Scotland could do with coaches like him and Edwards. Understand the difference? Someone who knows a lot more about rugby that both you and I (your former captain Gwyn Jones) stated that Scotland reminded him of Wales before Gatland arrived. Not so ridiculous when you consider that statement.
I clearly can't read? Really.

Answered above I think. Returning from injury so being eased in. Ritchie has done well at 7 in Watson's absence, so being dropped would be harsh.
Christ that guy can carry , no seriously strong like Darcy though he was strong In the tackle too .

Third string 3/4ers and second string back row; about what we could have expected. Wales slowing the ball down at the ruck ruined any opportunity for Scotland, fair play to them.

Third string 3/4ers and second string back row; about what we could have expected. Wales slowing the ball down at the ruck ruined any opportunity for Scotland, fair play to them.
Effective though

Scotlands issue was definately as 12 today plus playing like they are in a dictatorship. No one seems able to go about trying anything unless Russell has the ball. Yes he can be absolutely magic but use that focus and let others play. Its like a weird route 1 where is has to go to him before it goes forward.

Scotland will be a better squad for these injuries IF.....GT looks at who put their hands up and who didnt.

Look at players like Josh Adams, Josh Navidi, Beard, Shingler, Ellis Jenkins, Hill.

None of these would have got their chances building to a WC if it wasnt for the huge injury crisis that Wales went through a few years ago.

May not help the Scots this WC but look beyond that.

Effective though
Absolutely. Disappointing that it wasn't refereed differently; another day and it might've been. Oh well, we move on. Good to see Hastings get a run-out; we'll at least have a proper squad now that have all played in high intensity games going into the World Cup. Still a big gap between first XV and the rest, but most sides with their 3rd choice centres would struggle to perform well in the 6 nations

I really hope Scotland has a fit and in form midfield of Duncan Taylor and Huw Jones for the WC. That would make a huge difference. Likewise Hogg back at 15 with Kinghorn and Graham/Maitland on the wing. Skinner and Barclay back too will make a big difference.

I really hope Scotland has a fit and in form midfield of Duncan Taylor and Huw Jones for the WC. That would make a huge difference. Likewise Hogg back at 15 with Kinghorn and Graham/Maitland on the wing. Skinner and Barclay back too will make a big difference.
That team is night and day from what we have had this 6 nations. A solid backup at loosehead and we'd have the makings of a decent squad.

Absolutely. Disappointing that it wasn't refereed differently; another day and it might've been. Oh well, we move on. Good to see Hastings get a run-out; we'll at least have a proper squad now that have all played in high intensity games going into the World Cup. Still a big gap between first XV and the rest, but most sides with their 3rd choice centres would struggle to perform well in the 6 nations[/QUO
Absolutely. Disappointing that it wasn't refereed differently; another day and it might've been. Oh well, we move on. Good to see Hastings get a run-out; we'll at least have a proper squad now that have all played in high intensity games going into the World Cup. Still a big gap between first XV and the rest, but most sides with their 3rd choice centres would struggle to perform well in the 6 nations
You got away with a few calls today so don't feel hard done by , the amount of times you knocked on was a joke and the high tackle from north was not a penalty , you had the ref in your pocket this game so dont think for one minute that you had the worse rub of the the green.

Latest posts