• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (09/03/2019)

You got away with a few calls today so don't feel hard done by , the amount of times you knocked on was a joke and the high tackle from north was not a penalty , you had the ref in your pocket this game so dont think for one minute that you had the worse rub of the the green.
We can go back and forth on who had the rub of the green given the ref had no interest in the high tackle on Grigg until being forced to by the video ref, and the volume of pens committed by Wales in the 22 without a card. Fundamentally though a less lenient ref of the breakdown calls it differently. Wales managed the ref better and fair enough to them for that.

I never issue dislikes but congrats on earning one with your childish response. I actually think the WRU have made a big mistake letting Gats go. Watch out for a post WC crash.

You can't keep a guy on forever... though I would personally give both him and Edwards another 4 year contract each of they would take it. They both have other ambitions as sad as that is for a Welshman to admit.

You can't keep a guy on forever... though I would personally give both him and Edwards another 4 year contract each of they would take it. They both have other ambitions as sad as that is for a Welshman to admit.

Was it not even an option to get Edwards to stay and work with Pivac in order to have some continuity? Or did Pivac want to bring in his guys from Scarlets? I suspect Edwards won't be short of offers and will probably follow Gatland wherever he ends up (I still have a hunch it might be England if they don't have a good WC).

I really hope Scotland has a fit and in form midfield of Duncan Taylor and Huw Jones for the WC. That would make a huge difference. Likewise Hogg back at 15 with Kinghorn and Graham/Maitland on the wing. Skinner and Barclay back too will make a big difference.

Lol... and I'm not trying to be churlish here but I'm sure every country would like every single player fit for the World Cup.

Lol... and I'm not trying to be churlish here but I'm sure every country would like every single player fit for the World Cup.

Yeah sure but it's particularly crucial to Scotland who don't have the same depth as the other home nations.

Was it not even an option to get Edwards to stay and work with Pivac in order to have some continuity? Or did Pivac want to bring in his guys from Scarlets? I suspect Edwards won't be short of offers and will probably follow Gatland wherever he ends up (I still have a hunch it might be England if they don't have a good WC).

He announced his supposed move to Wigan pretty sharpish... although now he seems to be circling Wasps. Either way, if he showed even an inkling that he wanted to remain in the position I'm sure the WRU would been on it like a tramp on chips!

Last edited:
So... quite foggy on the game due to downing a bottle of Drambui with Irn Bru... but what I do know is that that second half was tense. I have to rewatch the game again but it did feel like all the 50/50's were given to Scotland, which prevented Wales from building (literally) any momentum.

Fair play to the Scots... and by the scuffed and bruised faces of some of the Welsh boys at FT, the Jocks definitely brought physicality today but that Welsh D somehow managed to do enough. Was worried all week that the Regional chaos might have burned up some invaluable nervous energy and maybe that had some contribution to our second half malais. Still a win at Murrayfield these days is not to be sniffed at, regardless of injuries and refs named Pascal.

Well done to both teams on what become a massive arm wrestle in the second half... and those calling for Toonies head should be shot!

Ireland, I know you usually save yourselves for ruining our Grand Slams, but could you please do a number on Wales next weekend. Please...
Actually scrap that. Draw with them, allowing them a try bonus point so that they go unbeaten and have beaten the English but still lose the championship to us. - "As long as we beat the English" right?!

The trouble with Scotland, is it's full of Scots, unlike their team

Joking aside, Scotland don't have the manpower to play an attrition game so they go for the high risk high reward chaotic game. The issue with this is it fails more often than it pays off and we see too many rabbit in the headlight moments where key Scottish decision makers make absolutely braindead decisions and crucial points or the prevalence of no look passes. The ABs are great because they can play both the structured and chaotic game. Scotland seem to be building themselves as a team of occasional upsets rather than a team that can have prolonged successes. Ultimately I don't see how they can really change it though.

Where is the best place to get individual player statistics from the game and other games?

Third string 3/4ers and second string back row; about what we could have expected. Wales slowing the ball down at the ruck ruined any opportunity for Scotland, fair play to them.
I agree. Definitely what could be expected.
Scots pulling Wales players back into rucks and the ref falling for it continually.
Lots of tackling off the ball by the Scots. and the ref/assistant ignoring it.
Clear crossing creating space for tries, but ignored.
Tackles around the chest being deemed 'high' because the ref doesn't have a good view, so just decides to start blowing his whistle.
Tackles around the chest where the Scot tries to sink as low as possible and then make Bambi eyes at the ref as if he's being choked.

Definitely what we could have expected.

Isn't it about time that Scotland had a playoff with Georgia for a place in the 6 nations?

I agree. Definitely what could be expected.
Scots pulling Wales players back into rucks and the ref falling for it continually.
Lots of tackling off the ball by the Scots. and the ref/assistant ignoring it.
Clear crossing creating space for tries, but ignored.
Tackles around the chest being deemed 'high' because the ref doesn't have a good view, so just decides to start blowing his whistle.
Tackles around the chest where the Scot tries to sink as low as possible and then make Bambi eyes at the ref as if he's being choked.

Definitely what we could have expected.

Isn't it about time that Scotland had a playoff with Georgia for a place in the 6 nations?

Was a snarky response necessary? The third string midfield and second string back row he referred to was correct and he did say fair play to Wales for slowing the ball down at the ruck as an effective way of stopping Scotland. The score line doesn't lie and Wales deserved their win.

Was a snarky response necessary? The third string midfield and second string back row he referred to was correct and he did say fair play to Wales for slowing the ball down at the ruck as an effective way of stopping Scotland. The score line doesn't lie and Wales deserved their win.
To be honest, I try to avoid the forum on the day of matches, but judging from the subsequent posts I saw, then the answer is 'Yes. Their post deserved a snarky response'.

Latest posts