• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (09/03/2019)

Wales were very lucky to hold on for the win. Mistake after mistake after mistake in the 2nd half - the worst being Aled Davies' kick outside the 22, after the defence had worked REALLY hard to steal back the ball.

But then again Aled Davies is so poor he should be refused a ticket to watch the game as that would be too close to the squad for him....

wales have won 11 grand slams....3 away from home ..8 in cardiff....theyve won 8 out of 9 of their grand slam matches in cardiff..home advantage is a real advantage at Cardiff

hes pretty poor where is lloyd williams, tomos williams?

Tomos got injured but was fit for Scotland and ignored.

Lloyd who is the best kicking and game controlling 9 we have just isnt fancied at all.

Gareth Davies showed vs Scotland how important a kicking game is. Takes so much pressure off the 10. I am at a loss why they arent in the matchday squads with Webb being in exile.

But then again Aled Davies is so poor he should be refused a ticket to watch the game as that would be too close to the squad for him....
Agree aled Davies should be nowhere near that squad , how I miss Rhys Webb in these situations.

If we focus on the first half we were so comfortable in fact I never felt any nerves of Scotland coming into the game. Hate to say it but anscombe should of slotted that easy pen and that would of killed the game , we blew too many chances in the first half to kill that game off and I knew this would give the Scots a glimmer ii that second and tbf that's exactly what Scotland did and took the opportunity to get back in , excuse a few dubious referee deçisions it was a fine half from Scotland .

yeah Aled Davies, is a shocker, but his namesake Gareth Davies can on times be a little pedestrian around the ruck/breakdown Ireland will target him there, they will also come through the lineout at him.
The Irish line out is good too, they'll use it against us, have we got anything in the locker,Maybe we've just been keeping our powder dry. :rolleyes:

If we focus on the first half we were so comfortable in fact I never felt any nerves of Scotland coming into the game. Hate to say it but anscombe should of slotted that easy pen and that would of killed the game , we blew too many chances in the first half to kill that game off and I knew this would give the Scots a glimmer ii that second and tbf that's exactly what Scotland did and took the opportunity to get back in , excuse a few dubious referee deçisions it was a fine half from Scotland .

In Anscombes defence the wind was howling. It wasnt a gimme kick with the weather like it was. Seems to me it caught a gust and that was that.

yeah Aled Davies, is a shocker, but his namesake Gareth Davies can on times be a little pedestrian around the ruck/breakdown Ireland will target him there, they will also come through the lineout at him.
The Irish line out is good too, they'll use it against us, have we got anything in the locker,Maybe we've just been keeping our powder dry. :rolleyes:

I dont rate Gareth Davies either. Yes he is better than Aled but he cant kick, isnt a great passer and simply isnt currently a huge running/sniping threat. That was his big thing and what he offered over others but IMO is now 3rd out of options available. 4th if Webb comes home.

It could be that 'no news is good news'. On the other hand it could be a 'touch and go last minute decision'. I guess once the team is announced we'll know.

I dont rate Gareth Davies either. Yes he is better than Aled but he cant kick, isnt a great passer and simply isnt currently a huge running/sniping threat. That was his big thing and what he offered over others but IMO is now 3rd out of options available. 4th if Webb comes home.
hes been quiet by his high standards....hes a try scoring machine normally.....with 50 tries for scarlets and 11 for wales...he seems to have been told to play this more tactical role this tournament. I think hes controlled it very well. has kicked generally well and taken all pressure off the fly half. Ive not seen 1 bad pass all tournament, hes sniped several times but no clean breaks. Hes a class player , the quickest 9 in the tournament and one cant help feel hes due a big one

hes been quiet by his high standards....hes a try scoring machine normally.....with 50 tries for scarlets and 11 for wales...he seems to have been told to play this more tactical role this tournament. I think hes controlled it very well. has kicked generally well and taken all pressure off the fly half. Ive not seen 1 bad pass all tournament, hes sniped several times but no clean breaks. Hes a class player , the quickest 9 in the tournament and one cant help feel hes due a big one

I disagree. He is getting slower at the breakdown, his passing is not as good as any of the other 9s mentioned as he can be a bit erratic. His kicking is probs the worst out of any starting 9 in the 6 nations.

Ashton was a try scoring machine but if that is what you bring and you arent doing it then you are bringing nothing.

Tomas Williams offers far more in all areas atm except experience.

I disagree. He is getting slower at the breakdown, his passing is not as good as any of the other 9s mentioned as he can be a bit erratic. His kicking is probs the worst out of any starting 9 in the 6 nations.

Ashton was a try scoring machine but if that is what you bring and you arent doing it then you are bringing nothing.

Tomas Williams offers far more in all areas atm except experience.
hes been very controlled at the rucks , very repsonsible and taking pressure fof anscombe, he kicked veery well against england and defensively has been magnificent all season, he ruined farell....he will make some breaks he needs to shake off the pre plan and show he is the fastest scrum half in world rugby

In Anscombes defence the wind was howling. It wasnt a gimme kick with the weather like it was. Seems to me it caught a gust and that was that.

Yes, Laidlaw and Finn both turned down what would have been malleable kicks in the second half due to the wind. It was proper blowy by UK standards.

Latest posts