• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales v Ireland (16/03/2019)

It was just the joke in camp apparently. Tommy goes to Wales and then they all hate us!

I think it's just because there were three single calls in five years that it could easily be argued directly and blatantly changed the result.

It's not as if there was no rivalry before that either, the countries have been fairly even since the 90s anyway as well as other periods through history.

Yeah I've been following the game since the 80's and Wales and Ireland have always been fairly equitable... there was always quite a positive feeling between the teams until recently though... I thought it was the ball-swap that had instigated it but it seems it was from Gats taking on the Wales job... it's like Ireland are a jealous ex or something ;).

Yeah I've been following the game since the 80's and Wales and Ireland have always been fairly equitable... there was always quite a positive feeling between the teams until recently though... I thought it was the ball-swap that had instigated it but it seems it was from Gats taking on the Wales job... it's like Ireland are a jealous ex or something ;).
To be fair... We dumped him!

Well I think it is 100% the correct method to make both teams agree. And well I don't think it's negative by Schmidt. More he is calculated.

Agreed. Personally, in a big fixture I'd always pick the complete opposite of what Wales wanted unless it would damage me tactically. Home advantage is plenty enough without letting Wales pick the weather conditions that suit them.

I love the stadium having the option of a roof by the way, great for spectators. I'm purely commenting from the perspective of a coach.

Very strong Irish selection. Nervous times for Wales because if the weather is atrocious I'd back Rob Kearnage.

Agreed. Personally, in a big fixture I'd always pick the complete opposite of what Wales wanted unless it would damage me tactically. Home advantage is plenty enough without letting Wales pick the weather conditions that suit them.

I love the stadium having the option of a roof by the way, great for spectators. I'm purely commenting from the perspective of a coach.

Very strong Irish selection. Nervous times for Wales because if the weather is atrocious I'd back Rob Kearnage.

Not that nervous really... expectations are on the best team in the world right? Real talk though, obvs a possible slam brings pressure but I'd rather be playing for one than not... and hopefully the Welsh boys are mindful of that fact.

Not that nervous really... expectations are on the best team in the world right? Real talk though, obvs a possible slam brings pressure but I'd rather be playing for one than not... and hopefully the Welsh boys are mindful of that fact.

Oh yes, I don't doubt that Gatland will have your players in a good place mentally. But have the roof closed and have Ireland without say Ringrose and I'd have made Wales a clear favourite. Now I really don't know.

Oh yes, I don't doubt that Gatland will have your players in a good place mentally. But have the roof closed and have Ireland without say Ringrose and I'd have made Wales a clear favourite. Now I really don't know.

Ringrose is great no doubt... Fox ain't too shabby though, should be a decent personal dual between the two. As far as the roof goes... the weather will be shite for both teams and I don't think it will be a mental one-up for Schmidt as we 'always' have to keep it open... more's the pity.

I think Wales have kind of replaced France as our 'bogey team' which can't have helped.

And sacking Gatland was a terrible decision by the IRFU.

I think Wales have kind of replaced France as our 'bogey team' which can't have helped.

And sacking Gatland was a terrible decision by the IRFU.

Where as Ireland are slowly becoming our 'new' England. :)

Rumours are Wales request to close the roof has been rejected by Schmidt. Forecast is for it to be horrific in Cardiff at 3pm Saturday and Ireland seem to want it that way.
Both teams have to agree for the roof to be closed.

Or is he aware of how crushing the atmosphere of a closed roof millennium stadium is on the away team.

An open roof poring down on the lower tiers can really spoil a party.

nicked off a kid on another site....awwww

I'm dreaming of a welsh grand slam
Just like the ones in 05 08 and twenty twelve
Where the stadium glistened and fans all listened
To hear hymns and arias and drink beer from the shelves

Im dreaming of a gatland grand slam
Just like the ones we used to know
May your day be merry and bright
And may the silver trophy be on show

Im dreaming of george north hat trick
Just like the seventies when grand slams were rife
May your drinks and beers not make you sick
bring those seventies legends back to life

with every welsh ticket that I buy
Open the rooftops no matter what they say
So God can watch the welsh team play

nicked off a kid on another site....awwww

Just like the ones in 05 08 and twenty twelve
Where the stadium glistened and fans all listened
To hear hymns and arias and drink beer from the shelves

Im dreaming of a gatland grand slam
Just like the ones we used to know
May your day be merry and bright
And may the silver trophy be on show

Im dreaming of george north hat trick
Just like the seventies when grand slams were rife
May your drinks and beers not make you sick
bring those seventies legends back to life

with every welsh ticket that I buy
Open the rooftops no matter what they say
So God can watch the welsh team play

That kid will be off Gatlands Christmas list for wanting the roof open!

Does anyone know why Scott Mills was singing the Welsh National Anthem on Radio 1 yesterday, pretty sure that he's English?

Does anyone know why Scott Mills was singing the Welsh National Anthem on Radio 1 yesterday, pretty sure that he's English?
Something to do with this girl who they have on quite a lot who is Welsh, and getting an interview with shane williams

Latest posts