• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales vs England (23/02/2019)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Wales.png
VS
England.png

Millennium
Stadium
16:45, 23/02/2019

Ashton injured, out of wales game, guessing may nowell daly, big joe.

Looking forward to this one

But the big question is will the magic roof be open or closed? Everything hinges on this! Dammit doesn't anyone know rugby is an indoors sport!?

Whats the deal with the roof? Dont both sides need to agree to it? If our kicking game is on point same as vs france and ireland then take away the weather factor and then our kicking should be pin point all game, shoulf help us as much as them.

Not saying i want it shut but if it is or isnt im not fussed.

I fancy a tactically astute England to edge this one. Should be a fascinating contest and game of weekend by a mile.

If England pierce a Shaun Edwards defence inside 2 mins I think I'll have to stand up and applaud.

Well , England have been scoring a lot of early tries recently - I don't fancy us to score early but I am quite confident in a 12 /14 point win which given the very close games that we have won since 2015 is a reflection of my confifence. I just think we have too much firepower even against a fired up welsh team with vociferous home support.
Mako is a big loss - the forwards are each goingvto have to work 3% harder.

If Wales let England start as they have in their first two games we will have a bit of a hill to climb, But I cant see that happening this game will be close depends who's tactics wins the day

Simply if both teams play to form then England comfortably. Wales need to up their game and shut England down at the start. However baring a massive drop in form and tempo I still think England are too strong this year.

Yes, England are in tip top form, and yes the Welsh regions are struggling badly, and yes Wales have injuries. But Wales have plenty enough talent to put up some stiff resistance if England's level drops even a smidgen.

Whats the deal with the roof? Dont both sides need to agree to it? If our kicking game is on point same as vs france and ireland then take away the weather factor and then our kicking should be pin point all game, shoulf help us as much as them.

Not saying i want it shut but if it is or isnt im not fussed.
I think the away team get to decide. So EJ will use it to wind the Welsh up. Which is always fun.

As for the game. I think we have enough going on to turn the Welsh over this year. Baring a total mental breakdown.

Mako out is a shame but Moon and Genge are prettty handy
Ashton is no shakes for me at all and I think he would have lost his spot for this in any event. Would t surprise me if the injury weren't even real and is just to save face. Nowell was always going to start this game. And Big JOE on the bench is arguably a much scarier prospect for tired Welsh legs.
Again Etoje is a shame, but Lawes has been immense and arguably better than Etoje so far, so again no real loss there.

I know the Welsh can play better than they have so far, but it will require a big step up. Always possible, but it will need something special.

Jaco Pyper is ref and I think that suites a better .
Whatever happens I think this could be a cracker, and I really hope it is.

Got to be,

Genge
George
Sinkler
Lawes
Kruis
Wilson
TCurry
Billy
Faz
May
Manu
Slade
Nowell
Daly

LCD
Moon
Williams(personal preference, come will want Cole)
Launchbury(better than kruis IMO but will bring more impact and keep continuity)
Hughes/Clifford
Robson (bring on bang on 60 min)
Ford
Big Joe.

Pretty similar to the round 2 team but we need continuity, get this in the bag and we can play around a little bit, main things are the centre partnership stays the same, Genge gets some game time and Robson gets trusted at 60 min.

And EJ better not put teo in the 23. It is a shame Slade isnt a better 10 or he could be cover, but its not an option. Imagine that back line with Robson JJ Big Joe on the bench.

Got to be,

Genge
George
Sinkler
Lawes
Kruis
Wilson
TCurry
Billy
Faz
May
Manu
Slade
Nowell
Daly

LCD
Moon
Launchbury(better than kruis IMO but will bring more impact and keep continuity)
Hughes/Clifford
Ford
Big Joe.

Pretty similar to the round 2 team but we need continuity, get this in the bag and we can play around a little bit, main things are the centre partnership stays the same, Genge gets some game time and Robson gets trusted at 60 min.

And EJ better not put teo in the 23. It is a shame Slade isnt a better 10 or he could be cover, but its not an option. Imagine that back line with Robson JJ Big Joe on the bench.
Gotta agree with this team, and would be surprised if EJ doesn't go with it. Although he may favour Teo on the bench over JOE due to greater level of experience. Theory being that we pull away a bit, and then defend to the end with Manu and Teo in the centres. I hope not, but it's certainly an option.

Got to be,

Genge
George
Sinkler
Lawes
Kruis
Wilson
TCurry
Billy
Faz
May
Manu
Slade
Nowell
Daly

LCD
Moon
Hughes/Clifford
Ford
Big Joe.

Can't argue with your selection - my only query is Kruis v Launchbury .
I am a big fan of Launchbury and unlike Kruis - he has never had a bad game for England .

Both are high work rate mobile locks and you could argue Kruis brings more line out security but I think Launchbury provides a more all round contribution and I could not understand why he was not picked for the Liobs.
In fairness to Kruis though , he has played very well in the 6N so far and it would be harsh to drop him.

Latest posts