• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales vs England (23/02/2019)

Is it even a Grand Slam if people don't call you the worst Grand Slam winners ever? Literally someone says it every time anyone wins one. They're hard. You can't do it without something going your way at some point, and you can't win it without sometimes playing shite and finding a way to scrape a win. Just like every other competitive tournament in every sport.

Pretty much this. I see it all the time on the tennis forum I am also a member of. Fans of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic dissing each other's fans favourite's achievements saying that grand slam was won facing a weak field etc/ era to diminish the other's favourite and big up theirs. It's not limited to any nationality. Just part of the tribalism of sport.

Oh by the amount of people sporting it I would say it's highly 'fashionable'.

... but what I was actually implying by unfathomable (and as more of a joke than anything serious I might add), was not that it was difficult to comprehend but just that it is 'deep' rooted... so 'deep' in fact that you couldn't put a fathom to it.
I meant fathomable! And I knew you were joking, I was too.

I thought unfathomable meant "difficult to understand", as in "I simply can't fathom why such a mediocre people are so arrogant"

I meant fathomable! And I knew you were joking, I was too.

I thought unfathomable meant "difficult to understand", as in "I simply can't fathom why such a mediocre people are so arrogant"

It means both... and i was kinda using it to mean both too (for shiz and gigz). The meaning you understand is simply the metaphorical evolution of the word.

Just remembered that one Englishman is over the moon about Wales winning...

491A392E00000578-5383279-image-m-4_1518473867415.jpg

Hope Faz and co are hiding their wives and girlfriends...

Last edited:
Just remembered that one Englishman is over the moon about Wales winning...

491A392E00000578-5383279-image-m-4_1518473867415.jpg

Hope Faz and go are hiding their wives and girlfriends...

Yeah strange decision to involve an ex football player whose history isn't exactly brimming with achievements. And don;t get me wrong, I live in Chelsea, but this? Weird man!

Are we officially blaming Terry for the loss ?

lol, no! Although maybe he was brought in, ahead of time, as a scapegoat. Its a bit like the Wales camp bringing in Ian Woosnam to give a pep talk before a big game!

Are we officially blaming Terry for the loss ?

I mean you can do if you want, he is a scumbag after all...

I do get the logic behind bringing him in though, in the sense that he won quite a bit with Chelsea as a player and captain.

However he's also an odd choice as he's a divisive figure considering the whole sleeping with teammates wives and being racist stuff...

I mean you can do if you want, he is a scumbag after all...

I do get the logic behind bringing him in though, in the sense that he won quite a bit with Chelsea as a player and captain.

However he's also an odd choice as he's a divisive figure considering the whole sleeping with teammates wives and being racist stuff...

Yeah he lives round the corner from me so I'm saying nadda!

But how odd! I mean wasn't Jonny Wilkinson available or someone like that - someone with rugby credentials who could actually tell it from the perspective of having been there, done that? John Terry!!! I can;t even believe I'm typing his name here!

Literally anyone other than him would be better
Olympians, rugby legends, **** it get Michael Bisping in, he was a semi pro rugby player before focusing on MMA.

Do not understand getting someone in who:

A) Has never been part of a successful international side
B) is considered a massive **** by everyone other than die hard Chelsea fans

For me its like, who made that decision? Who actually ok'd it? Cant have been EJ, He wouldn't even know who JT is, surely!

'The joy of nine When it comes to Wales' clashes with England, if the year ends in nine, those west of the Severn Bridge usually end up celebrating. That was the case again on Saturday as Wales got the better of England 21-13. They have now beaten the English in 1949, 1959, 1969, 1979, 1989, 1999, 2009 and of course 2019. '

Latest posts