• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Quarter Finals (21 & 22 June 2019)

Congratulations to the Jaguares on your first playoff victory. :cool:

A little annoyed that the ref only applied the ball being thrown straight during line-out rules when he like it (ie, when it suited the Jaguares).

Still, congrats to the Jaguares, now they get to lose next week!

A little annoyed that the ref only applied the ball being thrown straight during line-out rules when he like it (ie, when it suited the Jaguares).

Still, congrats to the Jaguares, now they get to lose next week!

don't think so will be home again.hard for brumbies all the way from aus and almost imposible for the sharks that would have gone to aus and back to ba in a week!

This Bean contains large amounts of Sodium.

That was a real thriller in BA, and congrats to the Jaguares for a fully deserved win.

I'd love to see a Crusaders v Jaguares final, as these two teams have only ever met twice, and the last time was 14 months ago

Brad Webber has made a strong bid over this season for inclusion in the AB World Cup squad as the 3rd scrum half behind Aaron & TJ. I hope they give him a shot in the RC and warm up matches.

Ive been watching all the no players closely this weekend to see who the form players are. I'd have to say cane was outstanding against the jaguares. My no 15 so far, with canes still to play, is

Moody
Coltman
Franks
Whitelock
Hemopo
Douglas
Cane
Read
Weber
Mo'unga
Bridge
Alb
Thomson
Stevenson
Alaimalo

Worth mentioning too I think Ta'avao is making a solid case, could be ahead of tuungafasi or lomax

Thought that was a Bulls try from that first angle.

Great game of rugby, on the balance of the season Hurricanes are the better team and deserve to go through.
At the risk of starting a flame war though, thought the ref was a little biased? Not a cheat or anything just more inclined to blow for Bulls infringements, and missed a few dodgey things the Hurricanes did, am I just emotional?

Nz team of the week

Moody
Coles
Franks
Whitelock
Hemopo
Douglas
Savea
Read
Tj
Mo'unga
Bridge
Alb
Thomson
Lam
Alaimalo

Best player was Ardie as per usual. Awkwardly for nz the second best player was cane. I can't really see both being accommodated in the all blacks starting lineup.

Last edited:
Great game of rugby, on the balance of the season Hurricanes are the better team and deserve to go through.
At the risk of starting a flame war though, thought the ref was a little biased? Not a cheat or anything just more inclined to blow for Bulls infringements, and missed a few dodgey things the Hurricanes did, am I just emotional?
A very slight bias, things were missed both ways. Home team usually gets an unconscious bias from the ref.

Hurricanes 35 vs Bulls 28 was the most entertaining playoff match so far, IMHO.

Last edited:
Brumbies score within the first minute of the match and lead the Sharks 7-0. Good start in Canberra.

Brumbies beat the Sharks 38-13 and advance to play @ Jaguares.

And the Hurricanes will play @ Crusaders in the other semi-final.

Great win for the Jaguares. Enjoyed watching their rugby. Very competitive in all facets of game.

Crusaders v Jaguares in the final best 2 sides for me.

Latest posts