• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 12 (3 & 4 May 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday. 3 May 2019

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 4 May 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
0H1BUm0.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 07:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

iZ3E9uZ.png
VS.
USJKAyt.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

sMF6Yxy.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 21:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Predictions for this week:
Crusaders v Sharks - Crusaders to carry on their 20 odd game winning streak in Christchurch. it could be years before they lose there again!.
Reds v Sunwolves - I wonder if the Sunwolves are just starting to taper off a bit. surely the Reds should be able to win this in Brisbane.
Hurricanes v Rebels - the Canes should have enough to get the win here. good game though.
Highlanders v Chiefs - the Chiefs probably have to win to keep their season going but I think at Forsyth Barr the Highlanders will be too strong.
Brumbies v Blues - the Blues haven't won away yet this season. for me its now or never. play-off chances would look slim if they lost.
Bulls v Waratahs - I actually think this is draw material. hopefully the Bulls can shade it at Loftus.
Jaguares v Stormers - the Stormers always seem to do well in this fixture.

The Sharks have a tendency to play remarkably well at Christchurch, and have caused a few upsets there in the past (remember when they were 14 men down for nearly an entire half and sneaked a victory when Jean Deysel got a red card?)

I hope the Bulls can bounce back, Roscoe Specman is starting again so hopefully he can spark that backline.

I think if the Bulls lose this one then that's their season done. they've got a lot of hard games to come after this weekend. they should beat a mediocre Waratahs side at home.

Crusaders v Sharks
Reds v Sunwolves they have to win some time.
Hurricanes v Rebels
Highlanders v Chiefs
Brumbies v Blues
Bulls v Waratahs
Jaguares v Stormers. we need this more than them

saders
reds
canes
hilanders
blues
bulls
jags

hopefully the are south africans!

Jon Cardinelli:
Jaguares by 5
Craig Lewis: Jaguares by 12
Juandre Joubert: Jaguares by 9
Mariette Adams: Jaguares by 7
Dylan Jack: Stormers by 10

I really think the Sharks can beat the Crusaders in Christchurch today. The Sharks lineup looks close to full strength. I would maybe have played Wright instead of Schreuder.

Then the Crusaders are resting players.

We have impact on the bench also so I think we can win the forward battle today

I agree with H about the sharks. Saders are favourites but i wouldnt be surprised if the sharks got away with a win here.

Crusaders
Reds
Canes
Landers
Blues
Bulls
Jaguares

Not very sure about the bulls vs tahs. Could go either way.

Did not expect that outcome, again shows you limit the Saders space and they make mistakes

wow talk about putting mockers on teams. couldn't believe the Crusaders needed a last minute try and conversion to draw!. the Christchurch winning run ends.

I really think the Sharks can beat the Crusaders in Christchurch today. The Sharks lineup looks close to full strength. I would maybe have played Wright instead of Schreuder.

good call here no one saw that comming specially after the jaguares put 5o points on the sharks

This is just the case with the SA teams though, almost every team in our conference is capable of putting forward a game like this, unfortunately - in order to win this comp you have to win three tough games in a row, which I feel is beyond all of us.

jaguares:
Emiliano Boffelli, Matías Moroni, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo De la Fuente Ramiro Moyano, (c), Domingo Miotti, Tomás Cubelli, Tomás Lezana, Marcos Kremer, Pablo Matera, Tomás Lavanini, Guido Petti, Santiago Medrano, Agustín Creevy, Nahuel Tetaz y Chaparro. Los suplentes serán Julián Montoya, Mayco Vivas, Lucio Sordoni, Rodrigo Bruni, Javier Ortega Desio, Felipe Ezcurra, Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, Sebastián Cancelliere.

You were right, nice win for the Sharks. The Crusaders may be resting players, but the Sharks beat the best team in SupeRugby (points) on the road. :cool:

Last edited:
Predictions for this week:
Crusaders v Sharks - Crusaders to carry on their 20 odd game winning streak in Christchurch. it could be years before they lose there again!.
Reds v Sunwolves - I wonder if the Sunwolves are just starting to taper off a bit. surely the Reds should be able to win this in Brisbane.
Hurricanes v Rebels - the Canes should have enough to get the win here. good game though.
Highlanders v Chiefs - the Chiefs probably have to win to keep their season going but I think at Forsyth Barr the Highlanders will be too strong.
Brumbies v Blues - the Blues haven't won away yet this season. for me its now or never. play-off chances would look slim if they lost.
Bulls v Waratahs - I actually think this is draw material. hopefully the Bulls can shade it at Loftus.
Jaguares v Stormers - the Stormers always seem to do well in this fixture.

The Sunwolves were in it until the last five minutes but were down to only 12 players. They played tougher than I thought they would, but the Reds held on for the win.

You were right, nice win for the Sharks. The Crusaders may be resting players, but the Sharks beat the best team in SupeRugby (points) on the road. :cool:

Check that, the match ended in a 21-21 draw. Sorry about the brain fart, I don't get enough sleep.

Last edited:

Latest posts