• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 16 (31 May & 1 June 2019)

Funny the remarks about tj. A friend of mine who is new to watching rugby recently asked "is there anybody who doesn't like tj?" To which I responded " he is a great guy, and highly likeable, but he is a halfback, so yes probably everyone who doesn't support the hurricanes or all blacks does not like tj"

It was a very entertaining weekend of Rugby. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Crusaders vs Chiefs game as well as the Lions vs Stormers game. Both was action packed from start to finish. This tournament is getting better and better as the season goes on and a lot of guys are already putting their hands up for the World Cup. My pick for the Bokke would be Kwagga Smith. This guys is just growing by the day in the XV's game, and his skills from 7's is helping a lot and his team.

Chiefs v Crusaders was one of the better games I've seen in some time. Tricky conditions, bit warmer than they would be used too and damp and muggy by the looks caused a few handling issues. Crusaders looked to march all over the chiefs but the chiefs had other ideas. They seemed to stun the Crusaders and force them to panic a bit with stinging attaching game and taking the opportunities they got from anywhere. Some good and Bad news on All Black form. Mostly good from the Chiefs crazy to see an unstoppable looking Crusaders side go from 20 points up to losing the game by a comfortable margin.
Sam Cane is well and truely back. Huge tackles, critical turnovers, vicious clean outs. The break looks to have done him some good.
Brad Weber has to be in the WC squad.
ALB was great again, he's consistently top class and this was against two All Black centres. Maybe outdid them a bit.
There is a lot of talk about how havili should be a lockin for the WC and how Braydon Ennor, sevu reece and Bridge should be considered. But how about solomon alaimalo? Wing or fullback genuinely tall, big and fast much in the mold of Folau with a huge leap great skills. he just looks right for test Rugby to me.

bad news is Kieran Read really just seemed like a non-factor. none of his trademark big tackles and he generally just seemed a yard or so behind the game.

I loved Breyton Paulse's comments after the Crusaders vs. Chiefs game. He said that from next year, the Sharks will only play in New Zealand and the Chiefs will play all their home games in Fiji.

If Savea can please stop stealing every ball that would be nice
He's become my favorite player this season, I think... He's like a rolling tumbleweed of knives, so much energy, so aggressive, never quits, gets the extra meters... Guy may not be human entirely.

Latest posts