• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 18 (14 & 15 June 2019)

"It was very close to the head" the reason the ref yellow cards the red player. Thing is, it did look as a shoulder to shoulder contact as the red's captain claimed. As far as i understand the law, that is legal.

Apparently, you dont even need to cross the line to get punished anymore. just being close enough gets you sin binned.

The Brumbies get their 6th win in a row with a 40-27 victory over the Reds. They finish the regular season atop the Australian Conference with 10 wins and 48 points. Winter begins next week in the Southern Hemisphere as steam rises from the scrum. Meanwhile it's toasty hot here in the American Southwest. Enjoy the playoffs!

2txGvteW7kc2qHNfCsGJJI4b6yOdwU9IG1NMPngcMsD0FOGPe9pkcrJ1CT5ctucwFxzQZSdU6YTYI2gHJNqxKU9f8uTlK-JXMsJLLQmpwfaarD613vk4Lu0BRg97Fnx727FKAT7NbN5UPe2vkXGcnTnGNSDTXM-ohdWx6sCyuerRBAU5Hk6Bz7LHWBXLnISV9Do47IgTcr_h2AKHtB1wF5rw-pSKeaAf91gY8IOg7ZBdzPYEHlbRSBjWM0Be9OGRIfNn2tRY0OWZ-4wyKvUz-hZVgNqFhZ074gxgrQcR6xffnu6riYxJwHwBX84bVzqg7ZI2jT3mcvRIg3wNK8CLByU0cebuvAXyxe55xresjTIybhfGzsAiVbpjD9nw6tEJRy7aCoxoc4qHGh6gBzxfXqDMfPR_yMuxOsF7rXEGAUAE1gxt4yB3PVMNuaKX6JSh3y4crnmNFe1kFulqvqbzDiv-DEK2DIOicQJp2r7uDSKRVK21w62b95_OtpLq11roM4J95tV9DGZNH3cUN8GEV-4ZoXREV6H9SFcJr_ZoCAJXhNjo8HdrO5DiUZsWJh6ZRGExIQWZgyrqOI60-NqxEmeXIUW3qhdBOwTypLyAn0cMMnintex1oGMLkG_wlnloGav2pMF0TdifxhsAgtRTu2H2ZaDS8n1K=w1183-h665-no

Last edited:
Sharks beat the Stormers 12-9, on a try during the 80+ minutes extra time. An exciting finish to a very tight defensive battle.

I still keep watching the lions as if we were in 2016-2017-2018.
You needed a tank to sore 7 tries on them. Now a simple "excuse me" opens up their defence just fine.

If you were the bulls would you have played your top team in this game? Even after the end of last week it would have required extraordinary circumstance for them to not make the playoffs. Then a day before the game they knew that no circumstances would result in them missing out. So should they have rested players?

Also, why were the lions going for drop goals when they were 18 points down? Aiming for a losing bonus point? When it was still the first half?

This season has been a lot of fun to watch. :cool: I can't wait for the playoffs to begin next weekend.

Last edited:
hard to believe we have 4 NZ teams in the finals all of a sudden.
Hard to believe the Blues ended up last in NZ again after looking so much better early on.

I'm torn, my two fav teams the chiefs and highlanders snuck in and deserve too but at the same time this is a world cup year. Honestly I think having most of our players playing in the finals hampers the test side. It takes weeks off prep for the world cup and puts extra miles on the clock at a time when they could be resting ****les and preparing for the big show. I think you see it in the Aussie team each year, mostly only one team in the finals the majority of their players switch to test mode and IMO the wallabie team performs really well early on with players that have had a few weeks extra to test up and switch onto test mode.

People Bag the chiefs and even I had my doubts over Coopers coaching but it has to be said. To get the chiefs into the playoffs with Mckenzie gone, Retalick and Cane missing injured for extended periods as well as other key players like Moli, heck they lost an All Black Prop and huge asset in Kane Hames for the season before a shot was fired.

pretty amazing team effort, but if you can single one player out it would be Brad Weber. Captaining the team in the absence of Cane and Retalick and his individual form has been huge. I think hes the one guy if you took him out the team would have bombed.

Unbelievable the Highlanders snuck into the playoff's. Totally undeserved as they've played like arse all year but I'll take it.

My last month of hopeless fuming was all for naught thinking they'd bombed it from the Africa games then and then really blown it against the bulls but somehow every result came up for them.

Picking a 30 point smashing by the Saders but still glad that Bender might still have a shot at one last hurrah.

hard to believe we have 4 NZ teams in the finals all of a sudden.
Hard to believe the Blues ended up last in NZ again after looking so much better early on.

I'm torn, my two fav teams the chiefs and highlanders snuck in and deserve too but at the same time this is a world cup year. Honestly I think having most of our players playing in the finals hampers the test side. It takes weeks off prep for the world cup and puts extra miles on the clock at a time when they could be resting ****les and preparing for the big show. I think you see it in the Aussie team each year, mostly only one team in the finals the majority of their players switch to test mode and IMO the wallabie team performs really well early on with players that have had a few weeks extra to test up and switch onto test mode.

People Bag the chiefs and even I had my doubts over Coopers coaching but it has to be said. To get the chiefs into the playoffs with Mckenzie gone, Retalick and Cane missing injured for extended periods as well as other key players like Moli, heck they lost an All Black Prop and huge asset in Kane Hames for the season before a shot was fired.

pretty amazing team effort, but if you can single one player out it would be Brad Weber. Captaining the team in the absence of Cane and Retalick and his individual form has been huge. I think hes the one guy if you took him out the team would have bombed.
But remember the playoffs is more than half of the teams. If you finished 7th in super 12 it wouldn't have been considered a good result, not bad but not good. And it's easier to finish 7th in this competition with the Aussie teams and the sunwolves pretty poor.

I kinda agree about the all blacks resting but at the same time the likes of retallick, cane, squire, sbw, read, coles, naholo have had long rests through injury, while a number of other players have had shorter rests through injury too plus obligatory all blacks rests. Ardie, s barrett, s Whitelock, Laumape, alb, goodhue, a smith, tj could have done with some more rest though, Ione and the other blues guys obviously will get some rest.

All in all we will probably come in reasonably rested with a few games practice under our belt. Not too bad really. I think Hansen wouldn't mind players having playoff experience too. There is probably a position or two that will be decided in the playoffs as well.

Last edited:
...yeah...not expecting much out of this game....all i want is bender to run out one more time and for it not too be embarrassing

64279913_2249802941721579_5335310543773237248_n.png

My Picks
Crusaders
Hurricanes
Jaguares
Brumbies

Last edited:
I don't think the Sharks will win. Coming back from a trip in Argentina, and Bosch is out injured for this game.

Duane Vermeulen will return for the Bulls, so that makes the Bulls' chance even better of winning, even though I think this game is going to be very close or dare I say it, another Draw...

And I doubt that both the Chiefs and the Highlanders will get bonus point wins. Maybe one of them, but not both...
What was that? You really tempted the rugby gods there, but at the end of the day it was always meant to be 4 nz teams in the playoffs.

P.s sorry about the sacrilege comment, I thought afterward it may be inappropriate to joke about what is sacrilege with a religious person. And Hopefully my reference to rugby gods isn't seen as idolation. Sorry if so.

If you were the bulls would you have played your top team in this game? Even after the end of last week it would have required extraordinary circumstance for them to not make the playoffs. Then a day before the game they knew that no circumstances would result in them missing out. So should they have rested players?

Also, why were the lions going for drop goals when they were 18 points down? Aiming for a losing bonus point? When it was still the first half?

Yeah I would have had all the top guys play, best way to get them back into action, and it was for some of them their last game at Loftus as they are going abroad, and what a finish it was.

Latest posts