• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 3 (1 & 2 March 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 1 March 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 2 March 2019

USJKAyt.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato

fioHFlp.png
VS.
CVOh3Db.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: Emirates Airline Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

canes
highlanders
chiefs
saders
lions
sharks
blues

i'll get to see the Highlanders live for the first time in a number of years, very excited, dragging some melbournians along to their first game of Union!

...that's a very green squad....a bit nervous now...lots of promise but worried we'll miss the experience of guy like faddes, coltman, thompson, Li even from the bench. That team is either going to win by 50 or loose by 50, lots of X factor but cant seem the grinding out a win

53142644_10157202057267249_5911074244359356416_n.jpg

...that's a very green squad....a bit nervous now...lots of promise but worried we'll miss the experience of guy like faddes, coltman, thompson, Li even from the bench. That team is either going to win by 50 or loose by 50, lots of X factor but cant seem the grinding out a win

View attachment 7077
i cant understand how faddes has slipped down the rankings at the highlanders. he's still a d4m good player with a good work ethic

Canes have looked woeful and only scratched a win against an equally woeful Tahs side.

For mine:

Brumbies
Rebels
Chiefs
Crusaders (match of the round)
Bulls
Sharks
Jaguares

Hopefully we are finally seeing some form from Aussie sides (tahs excluded).

i cant understand how faddes has slipped down the rankings at the highlanders. he's still a d4m good player with a good work ethic

yeah, i don't get it either, this is an obvious game for him to start, level head, good form, not first choice. as a rule he'd be in my 23 every week, he's comfortable everywhere from 11 to 15.

Canes have looked woeful and only scratched a win against an equally woeful Tahs side.
I agree with you but they haven't had one game of TJ/Barret yet, so will reserve judgement.

Looking at the Highlanders team and this Rebels team:
D0YWSovV4AADWwk.jpg

Rebels should really do the business.

D0Z8HUjWsAAaYr0.jpg

Strong Bulls team, I approve of Odendaal getting dropped. Hopefully they can pull off the victory this weekend, I'm bored of the Lions.

That's a really exciting Rebel's team, looking forward to a Friday off work so I can wake up early at take in both Super Rugby games.

A very exciting canes side. With a forename like Du'Plessis, your folks must've been gunning for you to be a rugby player and not an accountant!

Attachments

• E1CC0FBC-E53C-498A-9C82-2F3F5A1BEA44.png
    E1CC0FBC-E53C-498A-9C82-2F3F5A1BEA44.png
    649 KB · Views: 2
Canes
Landers
Chiefs
Saders
Lions
Sharks
Jaguares

I am fairly confident about all the guesses except the last one.

Hard to imagine the Canes losing at the tin to the Brumbies, that said after the first 2 games it's suddenly within the realm of possibility. Still Beudy and TJ playing together again, Canes at near full strength, Canes to win.

Again hard to imagine the Highlanders losing a game to the Rebels but I do think it's possible, the Highlanders are resting a lot of their first choice starters, no Ben Smith/Aaron Smith or Luke Whitelock as well as a Rob Thompson injury. I'm actually going to say Rebels by a small margin here.

Chiefs.

Saders (I actually think the reds are good this year but the Crusaders are on their own level).

I've seen nothing from the Lions that suggests they are still a good team, and they've done a lot of traveling this year. The Bulls looked very strong in round one and then took a couple of steps backward in Argentina (the weather was awful), they've also obviously traveled a long way in the last two weeks. I'm going to go with my feelings here rather than my head, Bulls to win.

Sharks by lots.

Blues have now had to travel, to use the scientific term, a **** ton. Also I'm not sure they're good enough to beat the Jags at the best of times, Jags to win comfy.

What about the Hurricanes-Brumbies referee? The first half was one, the second was another?

P
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 1 March 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: AAMI Park

Saturday, 2 March 2019

USJKAyt.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato

fioHFlp.png
VS.
CVOh3Db.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: Emirates Airline Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)
pretty hard to see anyone beating the canes when they get to play with full all black rules. No off sides, no playing in the ruck, legal dangerous tackles and cannonballs, and the obvious need to create a yellow card to maintain momentum when they Know the changes to the rules for each team is becoming obvious.

Just watching a replay on MySky..... Ngani Laumape appears to be in "beast mode" tonight!

Latest posts