• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 3 (1 & 2 March 2019)

HaHa we won ffs. Playing like ****. Good defense tho.

We are destined to suffer unnecessarily.

Truth be told, over the last two games, we scored 3 tries on each game, and got only one scored against, which was a very, very silly one. Defensively we've been very good.
Line out very good, scrum remains a problem.
I'll take it.

Interesting RSA conference we have on our hands.

Quesada needs time and things may improve, but I'm a lot less confident than I was this time last year with Ledesma. They had almost no structured attacking play in this game and I don't see Cubelli/Bonilla/Orlando as a good enough trio at this level (I think Bonilla could be the best of that trio). Still, it is too early to say that they are without hope and anything seems possible in the SA conference.

Same old Blues, look pretty, but struggle when the chips are down and ultimately lose.

I guess we needed that loss against the Stormers to become grounded again. Classic Shark mentality.

Well, we still play like crap but now we win. And against a kiwi team too. I mean, awesome, but we're awful.

So here I thought I was gonna miss Cordero. Hahahaha.
Cubelli severely underperforming. I am surprised about that really, he almost stole the spot from Landajo in 2015 and now that he's back after injury he's not up to the challenge.
Diaz Bonilla coming up, finally a decent replacement for Sánchez thank god.

canes do all right when they are allowed to all out attack all night.
thanks brumbies but lets not get too carried away. canes have to come up with a gameplan for when they arent given the ball back all the time

why did the Canes have to wear they change jerseys on the weekend?

i cant understand how faddes has slipped down the rankings at the highlanders. he's still a d4m good player with a good work ethic

second on the table with one start and one off the bench, he's also top 10 for clean breaks...don't get it...also don't get why another team hasn't snapped him up
upload_2019-3-4_8-19-13.png
upload_2019-3-4_8-19-13.png

this is the best season since the jags are in. crazy results. well done sunwolves ( great for the comp) whats with the nz sides this year?
shrugs. i dunno

my kids, 12 and 10, were asking the same thing
dont get me wrong, I assume the brumbies change jersey clashed or something like that, but that just means their change jersey is a poor design

shrugs. i dunno

kiwis specially, been bragging about how bad and non competitive are everybody else. how SR lost the it's "elite" caracter. now they are loosing and even the sunwolves beaten the chiefs at home. now I've seen lots of kiwis complain about the teams failure. are you ever happy?

kiwis specially, been bragging about how bad and non competitive are everybody else. how SR lost the it's "elite" caracter. now they are loosing and even the sunwolves beaten the chiefs at home. now I've seen lots of kiwis complain about the teams failure. are you ever happy?

As a Chiefs supporter, I hate that we lost at home, now there are things that I don't like about my team, BUT I am very happy to see the improvement of these so called lesser teams. This is why they joined super rugby, to improve their rugby game. I don't enjoy watching us lose, but can find the brighter side of the loss. For NZ rugby to get better we need the teams we play on a regular basis to be better.

I'm happy to see teams like the sunwolves and Jag's win, makes beating them all the sweeter and no shame in loosing to them, sign of a good competition

What a weekend. My Superbru was an absolute disgrace. That'll teach me to go against my own team...

Didn't think the Chiefs, Brumbies, or Lions would lose this weekend, especially since their performances the weeks prior to this one (well except the Chiefs). The game I enjoyed the most was the Chiefs vs. Sunwolves game, I'm loving the intensity with how the Sunwolves are playing. Gerhard van den Heever is showing glimpses of his old self when he just started out with the Bulls. I think he's the most improved player for the Sunwolves since last season.

As for the Bulls vs. Lions game, Schalk Brits should now be a contender to be a prospect for the Springboks at the World Cup. he's just growing in confidence with each game he plays, and it doesn't seem like his body is in any way tired/worn out.

@Jabby , may I ask which stats site you use? I've been looking for a good one for ages.

What a weekend. My Superbru was an absolute disgrace. That'll teach me to go against my own team...

Didn't think the Chiefs, Brumbies, or Lions would lose this weekend, especially since their performances the weeks prior to this one (well except the Chiefs). The game I enjoyed the most was the Chiefs vs. Sunwolves game, I'm loving the intensity with how the Sunwolves are playing. Gerhard van den Heever is showing glimpses of his old self when he just started out with the Bulls. I think he's the most improved player for the Sunwolves since last season.

As for the Bulls vs. Lions game, Schalk Brits should now be a contender to be a prospect for the Springboks at the World Cup. he's just growing in confidence with each game he plays, and it doesn't seem like his body is in any way tired/worn out.

I also went against the Bulls based on form they had vs the Jags, glad they won and in a proper showing too. As for the Chiefs, they are most likely the worst team so far this year. Personally I was very disappointed in the Sharks, so much for being the "form" SA team, if they play like that on Saturday be ready for a hiding!

I called the bulls victory but the Stormers one not, they surprised me by coming back from the Bulls massacre and the "stolen" win over the Lions
SunWolves - respect earned
Jag's need to take their good start on tour, they did it last year so why not again
As mentioned somewhere above, hit the Canes hard up front and they are not that confident side anymore
Only likely champs for me at this stage remains the Saders, even when Richie is not having a good start to the season

As a Chiefs supporter, I hate that we lost at home, now there are things that I don't like about my team, BUT I am very happy to see the improvement of these so called lesser teams. This is why they joined super rugby, to improve their rugby game. I don't enjoy watching us lose, but can find the brighter side of the loss. For NZ rugby to get better we need the teams we play on a regular basis to be better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If the Canes lose to the Sunwolves, part of me would be cheering because it's good for the game.

To the people acting like NZ rugby is in crisis, it's World Cup year. That's the number one priority, and I think the Chiefs have also struggled to re-integrate their All Blacks. It's a long season though and they will come right eventually. I'd hate to see a non kiwi team win the thing (unless it's the Jaguares or Sunwolves) but if we win the World Cup it won't matter at all, as happened in 2011.

To the people acting like NZ rugby is in crisis, it's World Cup year.
zackery. all this is just dress rehearsal for the real thing. i'm sooo not fussed about the superRugby this season other than its a simple showcase of who deserves to be in the WC squad.

funny. whose been bragging? sorry didnt realise kiwis or "kiwis specially" are braggers. u shouldnt take it to heart. i'm sure u do your share of whinging, obviously
i'll tell you that i'm happy now. looking forward to the WC. c'mon 3peat

Latest posts