• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 4 (8 & 9 March 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 8 March 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 9 March 2019

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
USJKAyt.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 06:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

qq7ut5l.png
VS.
fioHFlp.png

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

sMF6Yxy.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 17:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Canes
Rebels
Crusaders
Sunwolves (backing them for another one, risky pick)
Waratahs
Lions
Bulls

Good luck picking these. Crusaders at home is the only fixture I'd have the slightest confidence in. Lions over Jaguares probably, everything else is a coin toss.

I'm tempted to take Friday off to watch Canes vs Landers over breakfast.

four friday night in a row....that seems weird

Canes
Rebels
Crusaders
Blues iffy pick
Reds iffy pick
Lions
Bulls

Lood de Jager is out for the remainder of year, very unfortunate as he looked amazing in the game against the Stormers. Does anyone know what the situation is around Hendre Stassen? He should have been back for Stade but Heyneke is up to his tricks.

Canes
Rebels
Crusaders
Blues iffy pick
Reds iffy pick
Lions
Bulls

Lood de Jager is out for the remainder of year, very unfortunate as he looked amazing in the game against the Stormers. Does anyone know what the situation is around Hendre Stassen? He should have been back for Stade but Heyneke is up to his tricks.

Lood will be out for 4 months as he needs surgery. But the type of surgery he's getting, could have a quicker recovery time. I had the same operation, and my initial diagnoses was out for 6 months, but I was fully operational in the shoulder without any pain after 4 months, and that was 10 years ago.

Stassen should be with the team mid-April if I recall correctly regarding the short-term contract he signed with Stade.

Hurricanes
Rebels
Crusaders
Blues
Reds
Lions
Sharks

People seem to have written the Sharks off after last weekend. Presumably based on the idea that everyone considers the Stormers a **** team and losing to a **** team must equal you also being bad.

People seem to have written the Sharks off after last weekend. Presumably based on the idea that everyone considers the Stormers a **** team and losing to a **** team must equal you also being bad.

My reasoning was actually more that the Bulls generally do really well at home rather than the Sharks are now useless, also they have started their home season very well. There is an impact from the Sharks loss to the Stormers though, as the Sharks lost to a team that played a gameplan of just grinding them out and not doing anything flashy. The Bulls are currently doing that gameplan better than the Stormers.

Highlanders will not win. That backline defense is simply not co-ordinated enough to beat top teams.
Shuffling three flyhalfs as well as a rotating the midfield is not good unless the combinations seen so far become set. Nobody at 10,12 & 13 for the Highlanders are in the All Blacks so are uneffected by Steve Hansons restricted minutes for All Blacks.
This has all been Aaron Maugers own doing.

Potential is there for a good Highlanders season. I hope things improve. We can not complain too much

highlanders
Rebels
Crusaders
sunwolves
Reds
jaguares
Sharks

creevy and de la fuente are out won't tour S.A.

I just dont know what the plan is...no Frizell (our leading try scorer and number of carries), no mckay (apparently the future ben smith but only playing one in 6 games), no Faddes (our leading defenders beaten and clean breaks), Naholo on the bench. Buckman was a great cover when we were hit with injury a few years ago and he play the wing most season...but getting picked over out and out wingers? id rather see Mckay at 15 and smith on the wing...these choices just seem like a lucky dip at the moment
53538929_10157216502022249_3493388199403716608_o.jpg

The Bulls team for this weekends match has me a bit nervous! It's a must win game against the Sharks especially just before the bye, no need to gamble.

15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Dylan Sage, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Ivan van Zyl 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Tim Agaba, 6 Jannes Kirsten, 5 Jason Jenkins, 4 Hanro Liebenberg, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Corniel Els, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Dayan van der Westhuizen, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Paul Schoeman, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw

The Bulls team for this weekends match has me a bit nervous! It's a must win game against the Sharks especially just before the bye, no need to gamble.

15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Dylan Sage, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Ivan van Zyl 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Tim Agaba, 6 Jannes Kirsten, 5 Jason Jenkins, 4 Hanro Liebenberg, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Corniel Els, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Dayan van der Westhuizen, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Paul Schoeman, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw

11 Players of colour in that matchday 23. Not that I'm complaining about it because every one of them have shown that they're up for the task. Interesting to see Van Zyl start ahead of Papier though. Maybe we're going for a more kicking orientated approach.

11 Players of colour in that matchday 23. Not that I'm complaining about it because every one of them have shown that they're up for the task. Interesting to see Van Zyl start ahead of Papier though. Maybe we're going for a more kicking orientated approach.

I couldn't understand why Eli Snyman isn't playing, apparently he is injured. Bummed about Ivan van Zyl playing, don't know how this guy ever made it to the Boks he is trash!

So glad the Wandile Simelane is getting a start for the Lions. He's my next pick to be called up for the Boks.

Lions putting a bunch of rookies in for this game, can the Jags take em?

Latest posts