• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 4 (8 & 9 March 2019)

Lions putting a bunch of rookies in for this game, can the Jags take em?
It's not the Jaguares top team either though, it's almost like they have a gentleman's agreement to use there matches to rotate players. Should still be the Lions for me, and I'm excited to see what Simelane can do!

Glad to see changes at 9 & 12 for Jaguares. Never seen this Ezcurra. Probably would want to see two of them on the park. Or maybe even Canciellere at scrum half (which he has played in the ARC) in the spirit of experimentation for the RWC.

Glad to see changes at 9 & 12 for Jaguares. Never seen this Ezcurra. Probably would want to see two of them on the park. Or maybe even Canciellere at scrum half (which he has played in the ARC) in the spirit of experimentation for the RWC.
Ezcurra's been a around for a while mate, at least two years, played at 12 a lot when de la Fuente was injured over the past two years (he must have at least 10 full games under his belt), smallish chap, great on attack not so good at defense.

I don't really care about the Lions I'm weirdly biased against them for some reason. So Jags can win for all I care.

Hoping to see a good performance from the Bulls again, it's sad their forward pack has been decimated, because they have looked the most hungry of all SA teams this year, Sharks pack may be too much for them but I hope I'm wrong!

Haven't done my prediction for this week but here they are:
All home teams will win (Canes/Rebels/Saders/Blues/Lions/Sharks), other than the Tahs v Reds (Reds to win).

Last edited:
Hoping to see a good performance from the Bulls again, it's sad their forward pack has been decimated, because they have looked the most hungry of all SA teams this year, Sharks pack may be too much for them but I hope I'm wrong!

Apart from the Sharks front row their pack looks weak to me. I reckon the Bulls are going to put the Sharks back 3 under a lot of pressure with high balls. Mapimpi and Nkosi are poor dealing with up and unders.

34D1C8DE-7249-4DB6-A740-8AE6BA86C50C.jpeg 72E269CE-E0A0-4EB5-99F0-0403C2B65898.jpeg

That's shocking! Savea just gabs the ball from the side when we're on attack...not problem...then knock it onwhen on attack and we get penalised!

Last edited:
That's shocking! Savea just gabs the ball from the side when we're on attack...not problem...then knock it onwhen on attack and we get penalised!
Yeah it was all a bit vague there at the end. Overall though I thought a fairly scrappy game. Both teams making lots of unforced errors.

Hard not to support the rebels at this stage, they're playing some good rugby and really look fired up.
So far I'm right in my predictions but both games have been hella close o_O.

Bulls pack are superior to the Sharks.
See what they did to the Lions and what the Stormers did to the Sharks pack

I see the Jags made 11 changes, this turns the odds back to the Lions with their new caps as I see it
Wrong approach, should have gone guns blazing into their first away game

Blues/Sunwolves one is hard to call, can go either way and by some distance

I'm not convinced about the Bulls pack, they seem wobbly in the scrums, maybe in other areas.

Like where? the Lineouts?
I meant - I'm not sold on the Bulls scrum, but they do look strong in other areas particularly line outs and the tight loose.

Excuse my ambiguity, anyway I'm not trying to bad mouth them, I'm very much on board the Bulls hype train I just don't think you can say a pack is dominant if there scrummaging is a bit dodgey, still time for it to come right however.

Ezcurra's been a around for a while mate, at least two years, played at 12 a lot when de la Fuente was injured over the past two years (he must have at least 10 full games under his belt), smallish chap, great on attack not so good at defense.

I don't really care about the Lions I'm weirdly biased against them for some reason. So Jags can win for all I care.

Haven't done my prediction for this week but here they are:
All home teams will win (Canes/Rebels/Saders/Blues/Lions/Sharks), other than the Tahs v Reds (Reds to win).

Thanks. I was led astray by an out of date Wikipedia page showing Ezcurra had only played for Jaguares once. I thought this was a new one with the same name

Dude, what on earth happened with the Highlanders game? What penalty? On who? Looked like TJ panicked, hit the ground, then coughed up the ball to the Highlanders for a nice turnover, then TWEEET, no no, let's have Beauden win the game easily for Hurricanes, bye bye now. What the eff did I just witness?

Dude, what on earth happened with the Highlanders game? What penalty? On who? Looked like TJ panicked, hit the ground, then coughed up the ball to the Highlanders for a nice turnover, then TWEEET, no no, let's have Beauden win the game easily for Hurricanes, bye bye now. What the eff did I just witness?
The Hurricanes win games mate, that's what they do.

A nice tight game in Canterbury as Crusaders beat the Chiefs 57-28

Watching the Tahs vs Reds match. This Reds team is a tactically immature side, and I think the lost experience from Thorn's fall outs is going to show more as the season goes on.

Edit: as I posted they get counter rucked in their 22 because they can barely string together an exit strategy

This is such a strange but interesting game with the Waratahs and the Reds. The Waratahs playing a smart game, but have not scored enough points with their territory advantage. The reds largely playing counter attack or riding their luck in attack at times.

Karevi has been involved in everything good for the Reds. Score and created a try pretty much. Expect the Waratahs to take it in the second half.

Luke Whitelock played the ball with his hands after the ruck was formed. It was a very risky thing to do when the scores are tied, and you are in the middle of your own 22m. You should only be risking that at the other end of the field - it was a really dumb PK to give away.

Watching the Tahs vs Reds match. This Reds team is a tactically immature side, and I think the lost experience from Thorn's fall outs is going to show more as the season goes on.

Edit: as I posted they get counter rucked in their 22 because they can barely string together an exit strategy
It's strange to think that instead of Hegarty at 10 and some kid at 15, they could have had Quade and Karmichael.
I like Brad Thorn but for me it's your job as a coach to manage players, not just get rid of the ones you disprove of.

Latest posts