• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 5 (15 & 16 March 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 15 March 2019

USJKAyt.png
VS.
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: DHL Newlands
Time: 19:10 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 16 March 2019

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
fioHFlp.png

Venue: Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium
Time: 06:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

iZ3E9uZ.png
VS.
CVOh3Db.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
0H1BUm0.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

My Predictions
Canes
Brumbies
Stormers
Sunwolves
Crusaders
Rebels
any one dissagree? would love to hear your thoughts

My Predictions
Canes
Brumbies
Stormers
Sunwolves
Crusaders
Rebels
any one dissagree? would love to hear your thoughts
Seems more or less right, Lions at home are no joke though, that's probably a tough one to call (I'd give the Lions the advantage).

Brumbies v Tahs should also be close, and I could see the Jags pipping us.

Seems more or less right, Lions at home are no joke though, that's probably a tough one to call (I'd give the Lions the advantage).

Brumbies v Tahs should also be close, and I could see the Jags pipping us.
Thanks.. Need some help in my superbru.. the year has been a bit erratic so far

I've been watching SupeRugby on ESPN+ this season and I'm very impressed. Is this the top professional rugby league in the World? Thanks in advance for your input. :)

Its the M
I've been watching SupeRugby on ESPN+ this season and I'm very impressed. Is this the top professional rugby league in the World? Thanks in advance for your input. :)
Its the Main Professional Tournament in the Southern Hemisphere. Made up of 5 Teams from New Zealand, 4 teams from South Africa, 4 teams from Australia, one from Argentina and one from Japan. and is mainly regarded for its emphasis on attacking rugby.

It is the best and toughest club level league in rugby. The intensity is second to none.
My team expected favorites for the South African conference has lost two games in a row now. I'm taking a period to rethink my priorities in life at least until the bye is over

It is the best and toughest club level league in rugby. The intensity is second to none.
My team expected favorites for the South African conference has lost two games in a row now. I'm taking a period to rethink my priorities in life at least until the bye is over

I've been watching it and they hit really hard, harder than the other leagues. I've become a fan of the Highlanders because of my Scottish ancestry. Thanks for your input. :cool:

I've been watching it and they hit really hard, harder than the other leagues. I've become a fan of the Highlanders because of my Scottish ancestry. Thanks for your input. :cool:
welcome to the club!...suggest you give this week a miss though! ;)

Predictions:
Hurricanes
Brumbies - could be very close.
Stormers
Sunwolves
Crusaders
Lions - high scoring I think.

Oh wait I just noticed everyone is predicting a Sunwolves win, would not count on that one. Despite being 0-3 the Reds scrum/pack to be too strong for the Wolves.

Also the Sunwolves are about to ruin any continuity they had by completely changing their side #Wolvesout.

Last edited:
canes
brumbies
stormers
sunwolves
crusaders
lions

Canes
Brumbies
Stormers
Wolves
Crusaders
Lions

Waratahs might beat Brumbies this was a tough one.

Wolves might lose to reds but I think their intenisty will surprise the reds just like it will for many of the teams this year.

I have a sneaking suspicion we could see at least one upset in Chiefs v Canes and Highlanders v Crusaders, I know that's serious hedging but still :D.

I have a sneaking suspicion we could see at least one upset in Chiefs v Canes and Highlanders v Crusaders, I know that's serious hedging but still :D.
So your going Reds to beat sunwolves
and then either Chiefs to beat canes or Crusaders to win landers.

Its ambitious but you know what they say about lottery tickets.

I'm actually pretty confident about the Reds.

The rest is more teams, I like the way the Chiefs have lined up this week, and I can see the Highlanders going all out this weekend (and according to that guideline that AB's can't play five games in a row Richie Mo may have to sit out).

wheres Pari Pari Parkinson? he can be credited with a fair amount of the pack dominance last week, not even on the bench and Matt Faddes still leads our stats on the clean breaks and defenders beaten...no sign of him the last two weeks, where's rob thompson?...last year not a million miles for an all black bolter...now, no site

Buckman is a great squad player...but he's too slow for the wing, continuously caught out last week (as opposed to Li who when got beat on the outside managed to run him down) and our solution is to just move him to the other wing?....with no outside back cover on the bench i can see several tries getting scored against us down that wing :(

Mauger starting to worry me...cant seem to lock down a first choice team, how are these guys supposed to build partnerships when they are in and out every week?

53886053_10157235505537249_8941171704592334848_n.jpg

Latest posts