• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Semi Finals (29 June 2019)

Jaguares fans, I'm with you rooting for the Hurricanes!
Where I, and the Argentinian fans, are, we're gonna hafta stay up or set our alarms for the middle of the night, cuz this Canes Crusaders game is ******* HUGE

I'm a NZ fan, but I'm also supporting the Jaguares here. Hope they win the C'ship.

The Jaguares are now in unknown territory, and I hope they make the finals. They are probably the only team whose sole focus was on Super Rugby, while all the other teams were semi-focused on upcoming RWC.
I just want this message to stay up there in every paige, first comment in every new paige.
Go canes!

That was a one sided game, it was great to watch it with Aussie commentators crying and whinging, making excuses all the time.

Well done jaguares. Again no real standouts, apart from maybe matera, just a good team effort.

Canes won't beat the crusaders though, crusaders will carve them up in midfield and in the set piece

That was a one sided game, it was great to watch it with Aussie commentators crying and whinging, making excuses all the time.

Haha, yes, they did get a bit shitty toward the end. You can always count on them to do it. It's like a little bonus when the AB's are smashing the Wallabies.

So happy! I think we played a very tight, compact, focused and smart game.
It showed that we are very aware of our strengths and weaknesses, do our best to exploit the former and hide the latter. It also showed that we do our homework.

We do not have the widest array of tools, but we use the ones we have very well. Lineouts and our kicking game were both spot on.
I like Moroni at wing. He is not as elusive as some of the other options but he brings a lot of intensity to the table, and his defence is very solid. And that pass on the try, bloody hell, what a beauty.
For some reason boffelli makes me very nervous at 15.

Must admit i thought we got the rub of the green. Not much, but a bit here and there. We got a couple of 50/50 calls our way, particularly with scrums. Not that it would have changed the outcome.

What a try by the crusaders. That sort of play could create a LOT of problems against our rush defence.

Just woke up... congrats to the Jaguares, a huge achievement to get to the final.

That Crotty - Goodhue partnership is class, I'd go with that for the AB's if I were Shag.

Great character from the Hurricanes to get back into this.

Richie has had the half over Beau though.

That welsh boy Reece is a great finisher... we need to lock him down sharpish :D.

Would one of you New Zealanders please tell me why the SupeRugby sides from your country all have three stripes on the shoulders of their jerseys and the sides of their shorts? Just curious. :)

Last edited:
Would one of you New Zealanders please tell me why the SupeRugby sides from your country all have three stripes on the shoulders of their jerseys? Thank you in advance. :)

Not that I'm a New Zealander but Adidas.

Great game, should be a great final.

I agree, although I was hoping the Hurricanes would win. *I'll be rooting for the Jaguares in the championship match.

Last edited:
Crusaders vs Jaguars in the final! Let's go Jaguares. Most South Africans will be supporting the Jaguares, However it will be very difficult to beat them in Christchurch.

I predict another all Southern Hemisphere semi final in the World Cup based on Super rugby this year, it's just Australia that worries me

Latest posts