• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] The Final (6 July 2019)

Very exciting first half even though it's a low score (10-3). Let's go Jaguares, I'm rooting for you!

I note both teams quite nervous, maybe is just me...

Crusaders playing "like England"...

P.d: Jaco doing well overall I think...

Moroni....
First "unforced error" he's had the entire season.

Costly error. That chances are hard to come by.

Edit> We are losing a lot of chances....but im actually happy. Crusaders is sooo good and we are in it still. What ever this goes its an excelent match.

2nd edit> We are out sadly. =(

Last edited:
The Crusaders playoff experience showed tonight. The Jaguares did themselves in with too many errors, but they're young and will be back in the Championship hunt again next season. I was hoping they'd win tonight, but the Crusaders were too strong on defense and deserved to three-peat. Final 19-3. Happy off season to all. :)

Last edited:
Ohh well. Congrats to the crusaders.
We had two clear chances, one on each half and we missed them both. We also had a relatively easy penalty on the first half and we decided to go to the corner instead of taking the points.
Haven't screamed at the tv so much in a long time.

Our kicks were mediocre at best and that didnt help, but i dont think that's why we lost.
Scrum was far from good but it was actually better than what i expected.

I feel bad for Moroni. He's been amazing this season but he had a bad game and he knows it. Just saw him in tears, broke my heart. **** happens and his commitment is unquestionable.
Proud of the boys.

Game, Crusaders. Well tried Jags it was a great achievement to make the final. A final that many teams in this competition has not had the privledge to experience.

Crusaders with the three-peat, as much as it hurts me to say this, it takes a special team to do this. I am jealous and envious.

That was a brutal contest, and while the better team won on the night, hats off to the Jaguares - not patronizing, they were genuinely worthy finalists.

Well no surprise that the Crusaders won. Will not know how much fatigue of travel played in the game. Still think it is asking a lot for any team flying through two time zones to be ready in less than a week. Would have been interesting had they held the final next Saturday to allow Jaguares more time to prepare in NZ. But hey ho that is schedule dished out.

Ohh well. Congrats to the crusaders.
We had two clear chances, one on each half and we missed them both. We also had a relatively easy penalty on the first half and we decided to go to the corner instead of taking the points.
Haven't screamed at the tv so much in a long time.

Our kicks were mediocre at best and that didnt help, but i dont think that's why we lost.
Scrum was far from good but it was actually better than what i expected.

I feel bad for Moroni. He's been amazing this season but he had a bad game and he knows it. Just saw him in tears, broke my heart. **** happens and his commitment is unquestionable.
Proud of the boys.
don't thing he had a bad game. besides that knock on he was one of the best. looked dangerous and solid in defence. he failed to score but he also created the opportunity
cruzader's try was out of hands in the ruck..
todd off side all night. counted 3 high tackles by the crusaders. payper?
crusaders played better, took their chances.
we needed some extra to win it. a bit of luck or something, it didn't happen. on the contrary. missed those tryes unlukilly. credit to the saders that provoked those errors.

Hurricanes deserved to win, apart from that well done to the crusaders and jaguares.

Poor Bonilla had a bad game. Matera awesome as usual. Whitelock was very good, and Todd effective. Mounga controlled the game well, I was particularly impressed by how he punished the jaguares mistakes. That's exactly how you demoralise a team. Great first fives know how to control the momentum.

I have to say I get continually frustrated with the blatant cheating tactics that every team employs when they want to wind the clock down for the win. I wish refs didn't condone it.

Yeah I realise it might look weird to penalise tackled players not rolling away when it has never been done, but in those circumstances it is taking the ****. And even if there is no specific rule against players having to roll away that fell to the ground when bound to and driving the tackled player forward and down, it is against the spirit of the game, and there is a rule against that.

And yeah not penalising players on their knees or leaning into a pile of bodies instead of standing up at the ruck might look weird if you have allowed it all game, maybe you could just not allow it all game. It's cheating at any time.

And isn't it supposed to be 5 seconds max once the ball is available to the halfback? But then why should you be allowed to add another 5 seconds from when the ruck is incontestable? Surely if it is incontestable it is either available to play or someone has cheated.

Funny thing about this game (considering a discussion in a different thread this week) it played out in a very NH style... thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Yes, totally outplayed by the Crusaders... congratulations for the fans, the better team won. Anyway, it has been a magnificent season, and as I have the feelling we were totally controled I also think that we are not thaaaaaat far.
Can't wait for the RC.

good game, pretty intense and close first half before the crusaders defense and scrum kinda put the game beyond doubt for them in the 2nd. could say it was close but this was a big win for a final considering in a RR game the crusaders would have gone for the corner and 7 rather than kick for 3 like they did last night. In particular when they got that scrum penalty right on the line that is an awesome chance to go for another scrum and draw a card and/or a penalty try with the scrum dominance they had. Still the Jags were worthy contenders. I'd like to see another Argentinian side in super rugby.

Bit of an end of an era for the crusaders. They are going to be a heck of a different side next year without Todd, Sam, Read, Taufua, Franks and whoever else missing, throw Dagg in too after his earlier injury retirement.
all eyes on the NPC this ear with all the spots opening up in super rugby. Its insane

Latest posts