• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

TBH, I'm surprised Webber didn't stay on in the first place given you're definitely in the hunt for two trophies.
He's the new forwards coach at Jersey Reds - I'm guessing they've given him leave because the championship season isn't starting for a while,
He moved across there like the day after his contract with us expired so I imagine housing leases etc. (and the need to coach during Jersey's pre-season) put an end to an immediate extension

Rob Webber signed until the end of the season,
Broke his collar bone two minutes after coming off the bench so has already left
Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, that's a decent enough signing - he's a good prem standard player, no danger of internationals, and adds some experience to the side.
So long as he wasn't demanding a big salary (and coming from League I doubt he was, despite the England caps in his past) then there's worse players to sign

Agreed. He and Orlandi could be a decent centre partnership.

I'm also interested to see how Lucock does in the Premiership. He's widely recognised as the best centre in the Championship so I'll be curious to see if he can make the step up. Le Bourgeois has done OK at Wasps, so I'd imagine he could be similar.

Yeah we'll see how it goes. Wakecoke and Stevenson did well last season in the centres for us...so i wouldnt like to see them just thrown away. Hopefully they'll still get some gametime.

Lucock will be one ill watch with interest. Lets see if he can move up to the prem and still perform. The last one we signed from the champs (Rotherham) was JP Socino one of our best players of the last 10-20 years. We've missed a player like that at 12.

We have also signed Robbie Smith, the young Hooker from Bedford, 21yo. Former Scotland U20 hooker. 5'9 and over 18 stone...so hes a mini tank. Very promising young player. They also announced that they are moving Kyle Cooper to Loosehead. Now thats a very interesting move.

David Pocock officially retiring from rugby,

My favourite ever wallaby and one of my favourite ever players
Deserved to get POTY back in 2015. Comfortably the best pilferer of all time IMO.

The fact that he's said he's retiring to focus more on conservation efforts says everything you need to know about the bloke.

Leicester Tigers sign Richard Wigglesworth
This one surprised me tbh. They have the Current England 9...and now have got the ex england 9. Is he a player coach or if not he could be slowing progression of younger players though i dont rate the current young 9, ben white is it? He seems even slower distribution that youngs. Thats from what ive seen before maybe im wrong

This one surprised me tbh. They have the Current England 9...and now have got the ex england 9. Is he a player coach or if not he could be slowing progression of younger players though i dont rate the current young 9, ben white is it? He seems even slower distribution that youngs. Thats from what ive seen before maybe im wrong

From what I gather he will be a player coach.

It's a bit like how Exeter have 4 or so young 9's but you still needed that experiance cause it's a key position.
Tigers have
Youngs
White (22)
JVP (19)
Law (19)
Edwards (18)

it's quite a gap when Youngs is away.

Latest posts