• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Steve Diamond has stepped down from Sale Sharks...

...CEO role, to focus fully on on field matters. One of the other board members has stepped into the CEO role now

Edit:
Blimey, didn't realise Stankovich and Underwood had gone too. What's going on there?!

Steve Diamond has stepped down from Sale Sharks...

...CEO role, to focus fully on on field matters. One of the other board members has stepped into the CEO role now

Edit:
Blimey, didn't realise Stankovich and Underwood had gone too. What's going on there?!

I mean Diamond always strikes me more as a CEO doing temp work.

Yep, Stanko, Rory and Rob Taylor.

Jeeze,
Borthwick and Ford dream team to lead you back to the top?
Just saw Tigers said they aren't looking for a new DoR as well??

Well we have Jan McGinty who does all the behind the scenes stuff, Contracts, Scouting, etc. so that makes sense.

Hoping Ford might be next to go.
It's clear Wigglesworth is very much a Borthwick signing and is prob going into the coaching role as well.

Alex Gray, Atlanta Falcons => Bath Rugby

I did not see that coming.
Expected to play OC/Wing

Surprised at Bath - I had a feeling he'd be going to Newcastle

As above: Be interesting what kind of state he'll be in - very surprised at OC/Wing, as well. Wasn't he a flanker before?
Strength/speed/agility will be good for a big man, but conditioning will, likely, be pretty trash (at first)

Edit: Just read the article - he's pushing 18st! Gonna be blowing after his first run!

Surprised at the 2 years, I thought he was injury cover for Lood.

Honestly over the foreign signings now.
Rumours that the other new signing is a Russian international backrower.

We released a whole year of academy graduates because we needed to cut costs then sign these two? Why?

The Russian 7 was quite handy at the RWC (might not be him) but it is a real shame that academy guys were let go only to sign to players who are not much more than journeymen,

The Russian 7 was quite handy at the RWC (might not be him)
That's the rumour, but I'm really not arsed about him tbh
We've never had an issue producing opensides, and have had to convert multiple (Cruse, Taylor, Dolly) to hooker in the past just to get them game time - don't need to be looking elsewhere when we've got Curry x 2, and then JL and Jono have both played there in the past, as has Sam Dugdale

I'm happy with that

Makes me wonder who is leaving this season then to make room in the cap?

Latest posts