• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Wasps prob be happy to free up his cap, he was basically 3rd choice 8 but was signed as Hughes replacement
Yeah he didn't do a lot and from rumours Wuss offered decent cash to get him. When you consider that realistically Shields & T Willis start ahead of him and Barbeary probably picked ahead too, it's not the worst player to lose.

He was injured alot and never really hit the Hughes heights.

He's very rough around the edges, but he's a brutal carrier - though no more than Barbeary

As above: Makes sense for wasps to trim the cap, but also a good pick up for Wuss

He's very rough around the edges, but he's a brutal carrier - though no more than Barbeary

As above: Makes sense for wasps to trim the cap, but also a good pick up for Wuss
Works for both parties. Again will be interesting to see where the money is redeployed.

Really doubt Vailanu was on significant cash. He was a replacement for Hughes but he was also essentially signed off the back of a few good performances in the Prem Cup for Sarries where he was 3rd choice at best.

Really doubt Vailanu was on significant cash. He was a replacement for Hughes but he was also essentially signed off the back of a few good performances in the Prem Cup for Sarries where he was 3rd choice at best.
From reports i have seen he wasn't on crazy amounts but Wuss offered him a decent bump i believe.

Surprised he hasn't been picked up by Moana Pasifika for their new team.

That's a good shout. TBH, he's exactly the type of player they should be looking to pick up.

Not a (current) player transfer, but Sale have just announced Jason Robinson is coming back to the club as a director of community/diversity engagement - also sounds like he's going to be mucking in with some senior coaching as well <3

Really happy to see that - the Sale community teams already do a fantastic job in the area and having someone like Robbo involved (who has been doing a lot of community work independently) will be great

Also, it's great to see the club mend the burned bridges - he was treated poorly by the previous owners at the end of his tenure with the club and there's been no relationship between the two over the last decade which is just criminal really

Not a (current) player transfer, but Sale have just announced Jason Robinson is coming back to the club as a director of community/diversity engagement - also sounds like he's going to be mucking in with some senior coaching as well <3

Really happy to see that - the Sale community teams already do a fantastic job in the area and having someone like Robbo involved (who has been doing a lot of community work independently) will be great

Also, it's great to see the club mend the burned bridges - he was treated poorly by the previous owners at the end of his tenure with the club and there's been no relationship between the two over the last decade which is just criminal really
Great to see a legend of the game and in my eyes 1 of the greatest back 3 players to ever play the game.

A nice guy off the field too and well his personality probably suits that role down to the ground. Makes me like Sale again :D that and AJ

Owen Williams signs for Worcester

Never fully understood Owen tbh.
Was really impressive in his first season at 10 for Tigers, then Burns gradually overtook him as first choice 10 at Tigers. Owen moved to 12 billed as creative inside centre but reality is he was a solid 10 playing 12, he didn't really have the passing or speed for 12 IMO, his big thing was good tackler and excellent kicking on and off the tee.
Moved to Gloucester stuck behind cips
Moved to Japan and stuck behind Kawamuko

It's a good signing and gives Finn Smith a good marker to overtake but personally I really don't get why they didn't give Wier a longer contract

Last edited:
So the guy who said Valinau and Williams to Worcester is also the same guy who said Furlong to Worcester.

Ominous.

This is all getting a bit too serious for me.

Seriously if we have a repeat of the Sexton debacle I'll be angry. He wants to play for us, just pay him what he wants.

Latest posts