• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Very useful tool that i use to see transfers, pretty accturate tbh(surprisingly as it is Wiki) though saying that Tigers leaving players are a bit short.
Wiki's generally fine when it's just reporting of known, uncontraversial facts.
It's when opinions get in the way, or "facts" lack definition that it becomes highly untrustworthy.
Several of Leicester's departures would be in the 2020-2021 list, as they were mid-season transfers.

and yes, I always use exactly that page (or the equivalent for different years, going back a decade or so)

tigers full list of leavers (Inculding mid season
Jordan Taufua (Lyon)
Tomas Lavanini (Clermont)
Facundo Gigena (London Irish)
Blake Enever (Western Force)
Mamukashvili
Tom Hardwick
Luan De Bruin (Edinburgh)
Jake Kerr (Bristol)
Luke Wallace (Harlequins)
Zak Henry (Pau)
Johnny McPhillips (US Carcassonne)
Joaquin ***o Bonilla (N/A)
Ben White
Ryan Bower
Drayyl Marfo
Jordan Coghlan
Sam Lewis
Osman Dimen
Ollie Ashworth
Kit Smith
Henri Lavin

I can think of worse signings, but TBH, I'd like to think we're being a bit more ambitious.

Allan will probably command a decent wedge, but the rest of our signings for next season have been pretty modest and overall we've cut our wage bill significantly in the last 12mths (Robshaw, Clifford, Brown, Earle etc.). Even with the reduced cap, we surely have a bit more cash to spend?

tigers full list of leavers (Inculding mid season
Jordan Taufua (Lyon)
Tomas Lavanini (Clermont)
Facundo Gigena (London Irish)
Blake Enever (Western Force)
Mamukashvili
Tom Hardwick
Luan De Bruin (Edinburgh)
Jake Kerr (Bristol)
Luke Wallace (Harlequins)
Zak Henry (Pau)
Johnny McPhillips (US Carcassonne)
Joaquin ***o Bonilla (N/A)
Ben White
Ryan Bower
Drayyl Marfo
Jordan Coghlan
Sam Lewis
Osman Dimen
Ollie Ashworth
Kit Smith
Henri Lavin
How big is tigers squad to lose 23? Shame about McPhillips he seemed decent for the limited stuff i seen from him.

Never rated Ben White though. The younger one is way better option to keep IMO.

How big is tigers squad to lose 23? Shame about McPhillips he seemed decent for the limited stuff i seen from him.

Never rated Ben White though. The younger one is way better option to keep IMO.

Well it's really 18 players 4 leavers are Development players (Dimen, Ashworth and Lavin, Kit Smith) and 1 is a mid season injury signing (Marfo)

TBF we have alread replaced a good chunk of those players with incomings or academy players
Mid season incomings: Montoya and Dolly replacing Mamukashvili and Kerr
Academy promotions: Steward, Whitcombe, Martin, Henderson, Chessum. Kelly and Jack Van Poortvliet (Henderson being the oldest having turned 21 in January)
Confirmed new signings: Francois Van Wyk, Marco Van Staden (In the Bok Lions squad ATM), Eli Snyman and Freddie Burns

So that's 13 incoming/already in/moving up already.

We have been really lucky that we have had 7 Development players that have taken to Premiership rugby already.

Sounds like we have another 3/4 incomings to announce roughly

Tigers defence is one of their biggest weaknesses. They can look so good for most of the game, then suddenly leak tries from no where with poor defending. Definitely needs to improve if they want to do better next season.

Meanwhile our LH prop Trevor Davison extends contract for 3 more years...

First time in a years that our squad doesnt need a huge amount of change. A few tweaks here and there...and really use the tremendous talent in the academy coming through.

Tigers saw Forshaw (and Deacon and Langley) at Sale and wanted a piece of the League pie

I'm happy.
Hopefully get to meet Sinfield as well.

Could see Tigers signing some Rugby league young lads now.
Already have one Phoenix Laulu-Togagae whose in the academy.
Was playing with his dad last week for a senior Rugby league side, he looked good

Lad who started the try.

London Irish leavers
Theo Brophy Clews (retiring)
Harry Elrington
Nic Groom
Tom Homer (retiring)
Charlton Kerr
Andrei Mahu
Motu Matu'u
Waisake Naholo
Vladimir Podrezov

Which one is going to Bath then?