• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Pretty much what I thought so Jack and Launch won't be back until the latter stages of 21/22. Same with Odogwu.
Which is why i reckon we will go for a centre too. Huw Jones/Ibitoye makes a lot of sense for us.

Has Tapuai been announced anywhere yet?
If I was Wasps I would be looking at him.

Gopperth isn't getting any younger, and the way you play you need an experienced 12 to thrive.

Tapuai
Fekitoa
Would be a decent centre pairing, especially now that he seems to have a grip on English rugby

Gopperth isn't getting any younger, and the way you play you need an experienced 12 to thrive.

Tapuai
Fekitoa
Would be a decent centre pairing, especially now that he seems to have a grip on English rugby
That's true and i'd be more than happy with him. Maybe we get Earle too? i'd imagine he would learn a lot off Bassett.

Tapuai
Fekitoa
Danny mentioned on the pod that they wanted " to get tapuai a medal before he went home" so I assume he's looking to go back to Aus.

Yep. Worcester have a strange team - a weird mix of top class players and players who are a long way from that level …

In fairness, I think signings like Baldwin and Heinz could turn out to be very astute business.

I'm gutted Baldwin is leaving Quins. He's been excellent.

Yep. Worcester have a strange team - a weird mix of top class players and players who are a long way from that level …

In fairness, I think signings like Baldwin and Heinz could turn out to be very astute business.

I'm gutted Baldwin is leaving Quins. He's been excellent.
plus Duhan Van Der Merwe!

Wuss quietly putting a decent team together.
Heinz, Smith, Lawrence, Butler, Van Der Merwe, Ashton, Nanai is a healthy backline but even the pack isn't half bad. Sutherland, Baldwin, Judge, Kitchener (G), Garvey, Hill, Kvesic, Vailanu is pretty decent too.

Could do with a upgrade in TH, the difference louw has made at Quins has been crazy.
I guess the trouble with Worcester is more the players behind the starting XV.

They might get lucky but how many times a season do teams get to play their main starting XV

plus Duhan Van Der Merwe!

Wuss quietly putting a decent team together.
Heinz, Smith, Lawrence, Butler, Van Der Merwe, Ashton, Nanai is a healthy backline but even the pack isn't half bad. Sutherland, Baldwin, Judge, Kitchener (G), Garvey, Hill, Kvesic, Vailanu is pretty decent too.
Yeah - I meant that players like Baldwin and Heinz aren't quite the big names like DvdM or Sutherland but are clever signings who will be around all season.

Matson confirmed as Quins head coach

Tough act to follow.
Must be a first
Head coach gets da boot/leaves
Team transforms and goes on to win the league in the most dramatic way
None of the coaching team who got them their are moving on
Matson come in.

Usually the best transitions tend to mean the head coach brings in some of his own guys but no way Matson can do that now

Tough act to follow.
Must be a first
Head coach gets da boot/leaves
Team transforms and goes on to win the league in the most dramatic way
None of the coaching team who got them their are moving on
Matson come in.

Usually the best transitions tend to mean the head coach brings in some of his own guys but no way Matson can do that now
Was never going to be the plan as far as I am aware - even if we hadn't won the Prem (never gonna get bored of saying that).

Laurie doesn't even call him a Head Coach in the announcement video but just a Senior coach to come in and provide leadership and direction

Leinster scrum-half O'Sullivan makes switch to London Irish https://the42.ie/5483711

One of the most successful Leinster schoolboys ever but too small to play elsewhere and not a good enough pass for 9.

Was never going to be the plan as far as I am aware - even if we hadn't won the Prem (never gonna get bored of saying that).

Laurie doesn't even call him a Head Coach in the announcement video but just a Senior coach to come in and provide leadership and direction
Quins really do give me the NFL coaching vibe. They have put top quality ex-players/coaches in the key positions and let them own those areas. Laurie will do well to let them have ownership of those areas and not try and tear things up.

Latest posts