• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I'm happy with that

Makes me wonder who is leaving this season then to make room in the cap?
Hougaard is out of contract, maybe he'll go for one last salary top up in Japan/France?
You'd imagine DVdM would be marquee though, so would be outside the cap

Hougaard is out of contract, maybe he'll go for one last salary top up in Japan/France?
You'd imagine DVdM would be marquee though, so would be outside the cap
I hope Hougaard doesn't go, one of our best players and has been for years.
This is true, just happy we're making this sort of signing.

Fair point. The fact that Heem and Adams (at the time) weren't playing international rugby was a massive benefit for Worcester. Van der Merwe will be picked by Scotland if fit.

I don't see anything wrong with it, providing their owner is happy to lose that much money on a player.
They'll always have to pay a bit over the odds to convince top players to go there - and DvdM is genuinely world class.
He'll be away for internationals, but Wuss don't lose many to the 6N atm so it's not like it's yet another player they'll be without.

No one questioned Gloucester signing May, who is off with England all the time etc.

Talking of Gloucester, a number of reports saying that Adam Hastings is heading to Kingsholm next season.

Hastings now confirmed. Which most likely means Cips is off for a world tour again i would assume. Either that or he's retiring...

Can't see another prem side paying the big bucks for 33 year old unless bath want a stop gap.

RugbyInsideLine says it's got a big rumour @6 which tbh could be anything but due to the hype imagine it's a Saint's signing/rumour.

Gotta have something lined up, surely?
Even if out of favour you don't give up a sizeable salary even if you are picking splinters out your bum from being on the bench

Maybe back to Wasps? He wanted to stay, before, but Dai Young wasn't interested. With Young out of the picture...?

Singleton signs on as well. Gloucester getting business done early it seems.

i see we have confirmed the signing of Argentian duo (Flanker) Santiago Grondona,22 and (Wing/ Back three / 7's) Mateos Carreras 20 until the end of the current season.

South African Boan Venter signed 2 year deal for Edinburgh.

Will join fellow prop Pierre Schoeman and Luan de Bruin in the South African front row stocks.

Fantastic player, but depends on how available he is. If Worcester keep hold of their best backs - Hougaard, Searle, Butler/Beck/Venter, Lawrence, Howe, Van Der Merwe, Pennell/Nanai is a strong backline.
From listening to The Rugby Pod, it seems as if Weir is potentially going back to Glasgow which is disappointing. No idea if Hougaard is staying. It's quite worrying at halfback for us.

Latest posts