• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

From listening to The Rugby Pod, it seems as if Weir is potentially going back to Glasgow which is disappointing. No idea if Hougaard is staying. It's quite worrying at halfback for us.
Yes I was thinking that having listened. Understand the want from him to go back. Wasps might be losing Benji Vellacott as Porter has overtaken him

I love Cockers man
Says it how he sees it.

If this is to believed, we're linked with Rory Sutherland too.

Mercer to Montpellier done deal
Montpellier after Cockerill
Lyon after Taufua
Toulon after Brookes
Tomas Francis to Ospreys
WillGriff to Wales
Tommy Taylor to Sale
James Hanson to Aus
Bonilla in talks to stay at Tigers
Robin Hislop to Wasps

Francis to Ospreys confirmed.

TBH with Street as back up to Williams and with Francis being away with Wales and Williams not being called on by England as much, seems appropriate to spend money elsewhere.

Francis to Ospreys confirmed.

TBH with Street as back up to Williams and with Francis being away with Wales and Williams not being called on by England as much, seems appropriate to spend money elsewhere.

I don't like Francis but I feel for him here - clearly doesn't want to go, but has to because of Wales' bizarre selection policy

If the Summer tours hadn't been cancelled this year he'd have made the 60 cap limit by the end of the 6N and not have to go

I don't like Francis but I feel for him here - clearly doesn't want to go, but has to because of Wales' bizarre selection policy

If the Summer tours hadn't been cancelled this year he'd have made the 60 cap limit by the end of the 6N and not have to go
I do agree with a cap policy but not 60, its abit rediculous.

Is it Francis thats from Doncaster?

Yes it doesn't seem fair... I think Rowlands and Young were in the same boat for that they didn't really want to move but had no choice. Policy that needs to be reviewed IMHO.

For example if you are like Francie, Rowlands or Young who were developed at English clubs and not really Welsh clubs then as long as they remain at that club they should be allowed to stay.

In terms of number of caps? I'd say 40-50 would be ok.

I think 40 is a good number - I mean how many tests are in a season?
5 x 6N
3 x Summer
3-4 x Autumn

So 40 caps would be about a RWC cycles worth of tests, taking into account rotation and injuries n that
maybe and the option of the welsh regions or the team who's academy you came through as in LRZ came through Gloucester academy and was invested in by them then he should be allowed to play for them and still Wales. Cant play for Wales if he comes to a different non Welsh club. I think that would make it fair.

Yes i agree.

Wales did nothing to develop Rowlands, LRZ, Sheedy, Lloyd (Brizz) and Francis. Why should they hamper there careers/significantly lower their salaries?

Eggchasers do a really interesting piece on this.

Latest posts