• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Haley after he just signed a new contract last month

interview crying GIF

Haley after he just signed a new contract last month

interview crying GIF
Don't think Chad Haley has much to worry about from Zebo if he keeps playing as well as he has. If we're dropping back three players right now, it's sadly probably Conway.

Sad to see Johnston take the step down, but not surprising. So highly rated, became eternally injured and when he came back he didn't look like he would ever be a top 10. Think he'll fly it at that level though.

Pity about Johnstone. Was a definitely a hope at 10 but gave it a go at two different provinces and just never happened. I think he'll probably end up at a higher level than the Championship but in the short term this is a good move.

Yeah i agree Oly,
We are too top heavy with back rowers, especially when our props (aside from Logo and Davison) are ....well....woeful and injury prone.

However if we can get rid of some dead wood like John Hardie etc...and use the academy lads as back up...then Fearns will be a big signing for us.

Get in some hard nosed props, maybe that SA lock Jeremy Jordaan who we are linked with and suddenly we have a pack that looks an altogether different prospect.

1. Logo Mulipola / Trevor Davison - Share the work keep them fresh
2. Jamie Blamire
3. (Sign a beast of a Tighthead)
4 Diego Fuser (Jordaan)
5 Sean Robinson (Peterson, is the prem lineout taker this season, but Sean is better)
6 Carl Fearns
7 Mark Wilson (Will Welch is a tough nut aswell)
8 Callum Chick

That will leave some teams bruised.

Now we just need to get the backs to actually attack with some form of intelligence, pace and energy...

Isn't Logo already confirmed to be off?

Also, Fearns is a good player but Gary Graham is an animal and I think Newcastle have badly missed him. Surely a place for him in the back row?

Logo signed another contract BPM, so with us for a while yet.

Yeah Gary graham is class...but so is Will Welch. Another who never takes a back ward step. We are really blessed in the back row stables and have more coming through in the academy like Rob Farrar (Mark Wilson Mk2..a bigger version) ...which is why we need to release some like Hardie and De Walt.

We have too many back rowers...and too little quality props!

I haven't seen much of Rob Farrar, but if he's anything like Mark Wilson, happy days!

On the props, I know Phil Brantingham is very highly rated in age grade rugby. With no relegation, perhaps he'll be pushed through more quickly?

I haven't seen much of Rob Farrar, but if he's anything like Mark Wilson, happy days!

On the props, I know Phil Brantingham is very highly rated in age grade rugby. With no relegation, perhaps he'll be pushed through more quickly?
Rob is 6'3 and looks physically bigger than Mark (without the grizzled features just yet). He's actually played a couple of games for us at lock, so it shows his power / strength. But he's 6...and coming through nicely.

Brantingham is a big hope, the England set up rate him very highly. We have a couple of other props coming through aswell...one is Oscar Caudle, whos a massive young TH and played for Tynedale at 18, which is some going.

Dean is notoriously slow at bringing the kids through unless they show the specifics of what ever it is he requires. We still don't know what that is although he does tend to trust the forwards sooner than the backs!

So we can only hope he gets over that and puts them in for some valuable gametime. Like our very talent wingers and scrum halves...they need to be trusted and let loose for a few games.

Latest posts