• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Didn't see that coming!

Other NZ teams looking at this like
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Tommaso Allan signs for Quins.

IMO good signing people mention he's a current International but he was 3rd choice for Italy in the six nations.
I could see him calling it quits for Italy for a bit in return for some extra ££.

Obviously I hope he and Smith both miss out on the International games though.
Certainly a better bench option and covers more though regardless.

IMO good signing people mention he's a current International but he was 3rd choice for Italy in the six nations.
I could see him calling it quits for Italy for a bit in return for some extra ££.
If he does, would he change his name back to Tommy?

Obviously I hope he and Smith both miss out on the International games though.
Certainly a better bench option and covers more though regardless.
Very happy with this signing.

It does look like Italy are committed to developing Garbisi as first choice and Canna seems to be the preferred alternative.

Allan is ideal for us in that he's a back up who is also good enough to challenge for the starting jersey. That's the kind of positive pressure Marcus Smith needs to keep getting better IMO.

Quinn Roux leaving Connacht for France. Slightly divisive player on the national front as people felt we had better available, but he was usually pretty decent in a jam and had a rare enough skillset by Irish terms that got him picked over the years. Big loss for Connacht you would say, he's been nailed on for them for years and along with Bundee among their most important signings ever. With that said, I would be hopeful they can find a pretty equivalent replacement with the money Roux must have been on. Honestly the likes of Jenkins might have been a good shout for them.

Best move for all parties. Bit of a blow for Connacht but they do have Dillanne and Thornbury, the real hit is to their depth, you realistically need more than 2 locks at this level. Hopefully Niall Murray can develop.

Quinn Roux leaving Connacht for France. Slightly divisive player on the national front as people felt we had better available, but he was usually pretty decent in a jam and had a rare enough skillset by Irish terms that got him picked over the years. Big loss for Connacht you would say, he's been nailed on for them for years and along with Bundee among their most important signings ever. With that said, I would be hopeful they can find a pretty equivalent replacement with the money Roux must have been on. Honestly the likes of Jenkins might have been a good shout for them.

Real pity for Ireland and Connacht especially, the exact type of player they need right now. We've loads of athletic young locks coming through now but very few of them you'd classify as a tighthead lock. Imagine Roux only playing 6 games for Connacht since Dec 19 played a big part in this. If he can stay fit he's the sort of lock that thrives in France, will probably put on another 5-10kg as well.

Juarno Argustus to Saints ,can't say I know a whole deal about him.
Maybe our SA friends have more of an idea.

Juarno Argustus to Saints ,can't say I know a whole deal about him.
Maybe our SA friends have more of an idea.
His nickname is Trokkie, which is Afrikaans for little truck.

He was the U/20 World Cup Player of the tournament in 2017.

He's very good runner with the ball, but has had some terrible timing with injury and is at times overlooked. I think he is an out-and-out no. 8, and was a bit wasted when playing at 7.

Well not a new signing but a key re-signing...young winger / centre Ben Stevenson signs a new 2 year contract. He's some player in the making.

More important that its a sign the conveyor belt of talent leaving the club is slowing down....

Latest posts