• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Their fans seem pretty upset, but not surprised. He was very good for them, but its tough when your best players generally go to pastures new when they start performing and they just won't have the squad to be at the races in Europe.

He worked wonders on a shoestring budget at Edinburgh really.
My guess he goes to france his son was born in france and he can speak French.
Just seems like a coach who would really suit a french side.

Cockers did a great rebuilding job at Edinburgh and the job is only going to get harder with the likes of VDM and Sutherland heading to Worcester and less money available to sign replacements. Good luck to him.

H.Mallender off to Japan for 2 yrs .Saints first dibbs on return.
Never got form back after injuries and suffered as a 10 come 12 come 15.
Best of luck to him anyhow and hope he settles on a position.

H.Mallender off to Japan for 2 yrs .Saints first dibbs on return.
Never got form back after injuries and suffered as a 10 come 12 come 15.
Best of luck to him anyhow and hope he settles on a position.
A shame really. Was always a massively talented player who could've been an answer to a couple of England's more barren positions (12 and 15) but injuries meant he never really got the opportunity to amend some of the glaring holes in his game.

A shame really. Was always a massively talented player who could've been an answer to a couple of England's more barren positions (12 and 15) but injuries meant he never really got the opportunity to amend some of the glaring holes in his game.
Agreed. Although in the article I read, the quote that stood out was "I'm going to Japan to play fly half". I don't think that is, or ever will be his best position.

Agreed. Although in the article I read, the quote that stood out was "I'm going to Japan to play fly half". I don't think that is, or ever will be his best position.
Really hope he's not off to play FH. To me he looked like a 15 or 13. O do hope he comes back though, he's got great talent and vision.

Yep, he's had a difficult time. As Tigs says probably a smart move and hopefully he'll come back reinvigorated.

Never a 15 in my eyes. 12 all day long if he can rediscover his confidence and start throwing his not inconsiderable weight around.

Yep, he's had a difficult time. As Tigs says probably a smart move and hopefully he'll come back reinvigorated.

Never a 15 in my eyes. 12 all day long if he can rediscover his confidence and start throwing his not inconsiderable weight around.
Having watched him quite a lot, he plays better in space which is why I thought 13 and 15. In heavy traffic his long limbs take too long to get running )if that makes sense).

Either way he's off to play FH for some reason.

To be fair, whilst he doesn't look a top level flyhalf in the premiership he's good enough to play it at a lower level

He won't come back transformed and go right into playing 10 for Saints but if it's where he really wants to play then it makes sense on a personal level rather than a career one

We've signed Argentinian internationals Emiliano Boffeli and Ramiro Moyano pleasantly surprised by that.

McIntyre finally confirmed :D

Guessing the 1yr is to assess his injuries/longevity etc.

Schonert finally confirmed

Schonert finally confirmed

No sense why it took so long to announce lol.
Although I guess you did only start preseason this week.

Latest posts