• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Agreed. Tigers have quietly assembled a really nice squad, but are clearly focusing on the forwards for now and their outside backs aren't of the same calibre.

If Saumaki settles, he should start.

Yeh I think it's starting to come together
9. Youngs, 10. Ford
12. Kelly, 13. Moroni
11. Potter, 14. Saumaki, 15. Steward

Is pretty decent IMO
the second team of
9. JVP, 10. Burns
12. Socino, 13. Scott
11. Nadolo, 14. Murimurivalu, 15. Hegarty
Is prob the strongest we have had for a while

Quite surprised you'd put Potter ahead of Nadolo. Am I underrating Potter or overrating Nadolo?

Quite surprised you'd put Potter ahead of Nadolo. Am I underrating Potter or overrating Nadolo?
The latter, I think

Nadolo hasn't looked great for Tigers IMO - not sure whether they're just not using him properly or age has caught up to him or he's not been training properly, but he doesn't look half the player he was
Used to be a freak of nature: huge, quick, agile etc., now he's just huge. Acceleration isn't there anymore etc.

Don't think he's a great trainer, though (when he turned up to Tigers they didn't play him for ages because he was so out of shape) so could just be he needs a proper pre-season under his belt

Fiji Scrum Half Frank Lomani has signed for Northampton. Could be an interesting signing.

Fiji Scrum Half Frank Lomani has signed for Northampton. Could be an interesting signing.
I watched a few videos of him and noticed he played 15 and wing as well. I can't really see the need for another 9 so thought this siging was a bit odd.

Yeah, I think he's a bit like Matawalu i.e. a 9 who can also cover wing.

I guess this is probably a reaction to Henry Taylor's retirement? I know you also signed Chris Cook, but I think that's only a short term deal.

Mitchell hasn't really nailed down the starting spot since Reinach left so I think it could be a fight to start between him, James and Lomani.

Quins sign flanker Viliami Taulani

Interesting pickup, guess the hope is to cover Dombrandt attacking loss if he gets picked by England

Yep. With Kenningham coming in and doing so well, we now have 3 good openside flankers (Evans, Wallace, Kenningham) with Chisholm, Lawday and now Taulani covering 6/8.

Blair Cowan has been released from Irish so he can go and play in Japan

Big loss for them, he's been fantastic

Falcons have signed England 7s player Ollie Linsday Hague on a short term deal...(till Christimas time)

i wonder if its partially a trial for a longer term contract, or whether its until all the 7's contracts get sorted out..

Latest posts