• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Wish Will well but with better 7's at the club and Reffell coming through its the right decision from both parties.

Did quins find £20 down the back of the sofa or something?
They've gone mental
Still 4 more to come I believe... Dunno where this is all coming from tbh.
Apparently we have a fly half coming in from jersey or something, but the other three up in the air.
We will see tomorrow and the day after I guess. Loving it though!

Wish Will well but with better 7's at the club and Reffell coming through its the right decision from both parties.

I'm hoping the best of him is yet to come TBH, He looked excellent when he first broke through and then has had his development curtailed by injuries, illness and lack of game time.

Lewis Ludlam was supposed to be the next big thing at 7 after getting player of the tournament in the JWC, was then ignored by Mallinder/picked up a few injuries and is only now making a proper breakthrough about 3yrs after he was supposed to. I think Evans could be similar with game time and the right environment.

Definitely leaving:

Boyce > Bath
Merrick > Clermont
Alofa > France (club TBC)

Rumoured:

Catrakilis
Glynn
Kunatani*
Lasike*
Lewis
Luamanu
Mulchrone
Visser
Walker
Wallace
Ward

Retiring?:

Lambert
Buchanan

*no-one knows how long their contracts are?

Obviously won't be all of them, but 10 wouldn't surprise me.

Will Witty to Chiefs slipped under the radar.
Good player but will he get much gametime over skinner, hill or dennis when all available?

Anything come of the rumours that armand might be leaving? Im pretty sure i heard that. Could be wrong.

Wittys move has been quite public as far as i was aware certainly to everyone at the falcons.
He's a really big lad 6'6 and heavy. But he doesn't quite know how to use his power and weight yet. I suspect Exeter can get that out of him and turn in him to a top prem player. He has insane pace for a lad his size.

We are gutted to see him go.

That means we have now lost 3 locks confirmed
Andrew Davidson to Glasgow
Glen Young to Quins
Will Witty to Exeter

Calum Green nigh on confirmed to Tigers will make it 4.

Cavubati is destined elsewhere - though he is no loss whatsoever.

And we have signed...Peterson from Begles, who doesn't get inspiring reviews from the fans of previous clubs.
Evan Olmstead will probably get another contract since returning on loan after being released last season, which he should never have been???

Dean must have wanted whole sale changes to his lock stables.

Wittys move has been quite public as far as i was aware certainly to everyone at the falcons.
He's a really big lad 6'6 and heavy. But he doesn't quite know how to use his power and weight yet. I suspect Exeter can get that out of him and turn in him to a top prem player. He has insane pace for a lad his size.

We are gutted to see him go.

That means we have now lost 3 locks confirmed
Andrew Davidson to Glasgow
Glen Young to Quins
Will Witty to Exeter

Calum Green nigh on confirmed to Tigers will make it 4.

Cavubati is destined elsewhere - though he is no loss whatsoever.

And we have signed...Peterson from Begles, who doesn't get inspiring reviews from the fans of previous clubs.
Evan Olmstead will probably get another contract since returning on loan after being released last season, which he should never have been???

Dean must have wanted whole sale changes to his lock stables.
Preperation to lighten.the wage cap in case you go down maybe?

Good player but will he get much gametime over skinner, hill or dennis when all available?

Anything come of the rumours that armand might be leaving? Im pretty sure i heard that. Could be wrong.
Not heard anything on Armand...

There's a really interesting article on the BBC sport website quoting Baxter basically saying he wanted to keep both Cordero and Lawday and both players wanted to stay at Chiefs but his hand was forced by the salary cap, and that made me more ****** off with what Sarries are up to, respect to Baxter and Chiefs for trying to adhere to the rules whilst knowing your number 1 competitor are flaunting them at every opportunity....

Preperation to lighten.the wage cap in case you go down maybe?
Not sure mate. I think its a case of players needs.

If Exeter come calling to a young lock like Witty, you don't say no.
Calum Green grew up in the tigers academy so its fair to say if they come calling he wont say no. (Hes been brilliant for us so cant say anything bad against him)
Young - Probably never going to be a genuine first choice starter with us...so try elsewhere.
Andrew Davidson joined us from Glasgow, has developed in to a hugely promising young lock and when Glasgow come back in for you...I guess he cant say no.

I just hope we bring in a few absolute bruisers. Real tough guy enforcers...as I feel at times our pack is a little soft.

Still We have Sean Robinson who is our best lock by a country mile who has been injured with a broken arm all season, but back now and a young lock called Montgommery whos come through our academy and the coaches are really excited by him.
And Evan Olmstead is back on loan...and that guy should never have been allowed to leave. He's like a big athletic bear.

Not sure mate. I think its a case of players needs.

If Exeter come calling to a young lock like Witty, you don't say no.
Calum Green grew up in the tigers academy so its fair to say if they come calling he wont say no. (Hes been brilliant for us so cant say anything bad against him)
Young - Probably never going to be a genuine first choice starter with us...so try elsewhere.
Andrew Davidson joined us from Glasgow, has developed in to a hugely promising young lock and when Glasgow come back in for you...I guess he cant say no.

I just hope we bring in a few absolute bruisers. Real tough guy enforcers...as I feel at times our pack is a little soft.

Still We have Sean Robinson who is our best lock by a country mile who has been injured with a broken arm all season, but back now and a young lock called Montgommery whos come through our academy and the coaches are really excited by him.
And Evan Olmstead is back on loan...and that guy should never have been allowed to leave. He's like a big athletic bear.
Heard Ollie Atkins and Mitch Lees names being rumoured as leaving for amongst others Falcons, more truth in the Atkins rumour I think but apparently he's waiting to see who get's relegated as he's also linked with Worcester...

Luke Northmore signed for Harlequins; very happy for him, he used to play for my local club before going to Cardiff Met (think he's good mates with Dombrandt) and he's a properly nice guy. Bloody good player too, mostly a 13 but can play at 12, 100+kg and pretty rapid. Hope to see him get a reasonable amount of game time next season.

Latest posts