• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] England vs Ireland (21/11/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

1605520785741.png

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

It's insane how I could beat up Ellis Genge pretty easily.
True. It's also nice that, like last week with AWJ, POM, coming in hard at 2.4 inches, can have a dick measuring competition with the opposition's talismanic lock and win.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

I reckon Porter could have his way with the English scrum if Mako starts. The man's an absolute monster.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

So will Marchant start on the wing with JJ (presumably) out?

noah_jo

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

UK

Club or Nation

Harlequins

So will Marchant start on the wing with JJ (presumably) out?
Watch it be Daly and furbank go to 15 hahah.

I hope not but it's either or I imagine

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

Ireland to win a shitty rain fest game

Geordiefalcon

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Newcastle RU

I reckon Porter could have his way with the English scrum if Mako starts. The man's an absolute monster.
I wouldnt be surprised if EJ starts with the same front row...Genge, George, Stuart.

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

I thought Furbank was the saviour in some peoples eyes before his debut.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

I wouldnt be surprised if EJ starts with the same front row...Genge, George, Stuart.
I would!

But I really hope he gives Genge and Stuart another crack from the start. And Launch and Willis.

Binny and Fazlet both played the full 80 against Italy and Georgia. Poor lambs must need a rest. Just this once, I am not going to scream if Curry - or Thorley or anyone else - starts at 8. I really hope Ford is fit to give us something different, probably from the bench.

scotty507

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Exeter

For me i want
Genge
George
Stuart
Itoje
Ewels
Willis
Curry
Billy
Robson
Faz
May
Slade (because i dont know who else but he is not a 12)
Lawrence
Thorley
Daly

Dunn
Mako
Sinks
Hill
Earl
Young
Malins
Marchant

Assuming JJ Watson Ford are still out, as well as LCD Lawes Manu Nowell. We do have some great depth when all fit....part from 12 and 9 obv.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

If Ford is fit, I’d really hope to see him come straight back in at 10.

I’m under no illusions that it would mean Farrell at 12, but it’s hardly like Slade has shone there.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

I wouldn’t mind seeing Willis get a crack at 8. I know he wears 6 for Wasps but him and Shields rotate between 6 and 8 all the time on the pitch. He carries well, has good hands and at 6’3/110kg he definitely has the build for it. Curry, Underhill and Willis are comfortably the 3 best back rowers in the squad ATM and I’d prefer Willis in the 8 shirt to Curry.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

In fairness Vunipola (and George) was part of a Saracen's scrum that had a lot of joy against Porter. Obviously no Koch and whoever the ref is makes a big difference but I certainly wouldn't expect us to have dominance even if the potential is there. Certainly Genge had Porter's number in the 6N if I remember correctly.

I do think Kelleher is a stronger scummager than Cronin at least so he should make a difference. I've very little faith in our sub frontrow compared to England's.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

In fairness Vunipola (and George) was part of a Saracen's scrum that had a lot of joy against Porter. Obviously no Koch and whoever the ref is makes a big difference but I certainly wouldn't expect us to have dominance even if the potential is there. Certainly Genge had Porter's number in the 6N if I remember correctly.
That’s interesting. Who were Leinster’s locks that game? Saracens had Itoje and Swinson. Itoje’s obviously very likely to start for England and I’d imagine Ewels and Hill are probably quite similar scrummagers to Swinson. Launchbury could make a difference though.

Sinckler is a comfortably inferior scrummager to Koch IMO so I’d say overall England are probably going to have a net weaker scrum than Saracens did.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.