• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] France vs Fiji (15/11/20)

qyvco16v2yy51.jpg

Radradra out with coronavirus

Cancelled apparently. Anyone know what the rules are under these circumstances?

If Fiji aren't safe for this week, then there's got to be a chance they can't play next week either.

I was looking forward to this too. I wouldn't have expected a Fiji win, but I would have expected some entertainment.

I really hope we see Fiji as I believe the game next week is now under threat too.

So does anyone actually know what happens now, because the tables still say France and Fiji are on 0 points with 0 games played, but this game can't be rearranged as there is no time? Let's pretend Fiji can play next week then Scotland and Italy will play 3 games and France and Fiji will play 2. Hypothetically Scotland can match France's results and get a LBP and end up above France even though France won't have lost a game.

Basically in my mind either France should be awarded a win as Fiji had the positive cases or Fiji's games have to be ignored in the group standings. It's not fair that Scotland have 3 chances to get points and France only have 2.

So does anyone actually know what happens now, because the tables still say France and Fiji are on 0 points with 0 games played, but this game can't be rearranged as there is no time? Let's pretend Fiji can play next week then Scotland and Italy will play 3 games and France and Fiji will play 2. Hypothetically Scotland can match France's results and get a LBP and end up above France even though France won't have lost a game.

Basically in my mind either France should be awarded a win as Fiji had the positive cases or Fiji's games have to be ignored in the group standings. It's not fair that Scotland have 3 chances to get points and France only have 2.
Depending on rules it'll either be 28-0 to France or a draw. Got to assume they'll have planned for this given the circumstances of the tournament.

Depending on rules it'll either be 28-0 to France or a draw. Got to assume they'll have planned for this given the circumstances of the tournament.
I'm sure they have, just can't find any details anywhere.

The Amazon pundit team said there would a meeting on Monday by the competition organisers to decide the points allocation.

The Amazon pundit team said there would a meeting on Monday by the competition organisers to decide the points allocation.
Cheers, though it's worrying they are making it up on the spot. They knew this was a possibility, why aren't the rules clearer?

Kinda, but then there's no room to reschedule the game and it was Fiji's covid tests that caused it to get called off so a draw would've been harsh on France.

Latest posts