• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] France vs Italy (28/11/20)

None of those means the game is different, just the type of player.

What's your opinion on male commentators who have never played the sport?

I'm talking about females at a male game. Different gender.

Yeah but they're just commentating and offering analysis,
What's their gender got to do with it?

What about Ben Ryan?
He's not involved in XVs, only 7s
How could they offer analysis on something they've never been a part of ? Sure, men commentating never played rugby is an anomaly, but women commentating on the men's game ? That's just a sad joke.

How could they offer analysis on something they've never been a part of ? Sure, men commentating never played rugby is an anomaly, but women commentating on the men's game ? That's just a sad joke.
So why aren't you angry about Ben Ryan being a pundit?
Or the countless male commentators who have never played the sport?

There is a sad joke here but it's not world cup winning female rugby players talking about rugby.

I'd use cricket as am example Geoffrey Boycott and Michael Vaughn are both shockingly bad commentators who played at the very highest level of the game and acheived great heights during it.

Isa Guha and Ebony Rainford-Brent are excellent commentators who achived greta heights in the women game.

To go even further Alison Mitchell is a fantastic commentator who never achieved anything in the womans game and had no playing career.

Time to grow up and smell the blatant sexism.

I'd use cricket as am example Geoffrey Boycott and Michael Vaughn are both shockingly bad commentators who played at the very highest level of the game and acheived great heights during it.

Isa Guha and Ebony Rainford-Brent are excellent commentators who achived greta heights in the women game.

To go even further Alison Mitchell is a fantastic commentator who never achieved anything in the womans game and had no playing career.

Time to grow up and smell the blatant sexism.

I honestly don't care if you call me sexist. Mods ban me if you want. This pandering to make everyone happy is pathetic.

I honestly don't care if you call me sexist. Mods ban me if you want. This pandering to make everyone happy is pathetic.
Aww boo hoo did the evil womens invade your safe male space?

It would be fine if you had a point but Olyy blew that out the water.

Aww boo hoo did the evil womens invade your safe male space?

It would be fine if you had a point but Olyy blew that out the water.

boo hoo ? What are you, 5 ? Yeah i'm sure my argument was blown out of the water. I keep referring to women in the men's game, when most keep referring to men in the men's game.

boo hoo ? What are you, 5 ? Yeah i'm sure my argument was blown out of the water. I keep referring to women in the men's game, when everyone else keeps referring to men in the men's game.
I sound like I'm 5? your sounding like if women commentate on rugby matches you'd get cooties.

Yeah he blew it out because he pointed your fine with people who have never played rugby can comment. But if they have played rugby and have a vagina they can't possibly understand the men's games. If you can't see how ******* stupid that make you sound....

You'll also notice post England matches lots of people complain about Sonja McLaughlan for her post game interviews. At no point does anyone claim she it's because she's a woman or she is not informed (and couldn't possibly be because she is a woman). They just hate the questions she ask because they inane or attacking with no real response.....I did like the timeany years she asked an England winger if they felt the game would of gone better if they'd been passed the ball more than once.

I don't understand female commentators at men's games ? It's a totally different game. How can they relate ? It's stupid for females to commentate on men's games.
I didn't imagine I'd see such sexist **** on here. Honestly thought this was a troll until you continued. If this is how you see the world then I don't really feel like conversing with you ever again.

I didn't imagine I'd see such sexist **** on here. Honestly thought this was a troll until you continued. If this is how you see the world then I don't really feel like conversing with you ever again.
It was a bit of a day for it...

So, just to recap

A man who played pro rugby commentating on men's rugby: Fine
A man who didn't play pro rugby commentating on men's rugby: Weird, but fine
A woman who didn't play pro rugby commentating on men's rugby: Surely also fine by that logic, given that they're just as qualified as a man who hasn't played rugby
A woman who played pro rugby: pandering bull****

Yeah, not agreeing to disagree there. You're talking nonsense.

Latest posts