• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] Ireland vs Georgia (29/11/20)

Whatever about Farrell I think we have to cut ties with Easterby at the end of this tournament or at the very least bring someone in so there's more clarity around responsibility for the forwards and defence.
Agreed. Forwards look so aimless. Handling from our pack has been mostly awful and the amount of players getting isolated is a joke. Absolutely gutless performance. Very few players did themselves any favors today. I really hope the coaches don't go making excuses again.

That is genuinely one of the the worst halves of rugby I've ever seen.

Nothing else to say really, except primary selection criteria for next week should be not playing that game. Porter emerges with credit because he didn't play the second half. Keenan and Burns were alright too.

OK, that second half was dreadful.

I gave Ross Byrne a bit of a pass last week against England because he was under so much pressure from the England defence, but watching him this afternoon, he's not an out-half, he's just a penalty kicker. Doesn't seem to know how to involve the backs. If the last two matches have been a competition between Byrne and Billy Burns for the right to back up Sexton, I think we can call it for Burns. After he came off, Ireland were as one-dimensional as they had been against England.

I like Ross Byrne but after the last two weeks, nah. Farrell isn't the answer to the 'what do we do without Ringrose' question either.

I like Ross Byrne but after the last two weeks, nah. Farrell isn't the answer to the 'what do we do without Ringrose' question either.
Yeah I thought Farrell looked pretty bad today, doesn't really cut it at international level. McCloskey at least looked okay in the first half, still not sold on him though.

Keenan, Conway, Farrell*, Aki, Stockdale, Sexton/Burns*/Byrne*, JGP*, Doris, Connors*, Stander, Ryan, Henderson, Porter, Kelleher, Healy

Herring, O'Sullivan, A Prop, Dillane*/Beirne, POM*/Beirne, Murray, Whoever is left, Daly

What I'd pick next week with the squad we have. A * denotes a player who is a worse option than a player playing with the provinces, I didn't give Daly one even though I think Jimmy O'Brien is better because it would be fairly harsh given how the last 6 weeks went for Daly.

Keenan, Conway, Farrell*, Aki, Stockdale, Sexton/Burns*/Byrne*, JGP*, Doris, Connors*, Stander, Ryan, Henderson, Porter, Kelleher, Healy

Herring, O'Sullivan, A Prop, Dillane*/Beirne, POM*/Beirne, Murray, Whoever is left, Daly

What I'd pick next week with the squad we have. A * denotes a player who is a worse option than a player playing with the provinces, I didn't give Daly one even though I think Jimmy O'Brien is better because it would be fairly harsh given how the last 6 weeks went for Daly.
Who would you have in over Connors out of curiosity?

Would rather not play Ryan or Porter next week from a Leinster and player welfare pov. Can't imagine either of them not being involved particularly Porter.

Never thought I'd be hoping Billy Burns is fit and ready.

Latest posts