• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] Ireland vs Scotland (05/12/20)

Surely that's a no arms tackle anyway. If not a try, should be a yellow for Scotland 5.

Got to feel for Scotland even when they are playing well they are second best

Ha awful defending from the Irish 2, completely switched off.

Wtf was Herring at. That's unforgiveable.

Anyway this game has been better than expected for half the time and woeful for the rest.

Hypothetically if Roux did make contact with the eye, it does appear that it's by accident trying to go through the maul. But again similar to contact with the head, should he have more care than just sticking his hand through the maul? If players have a duty of care over head injuries, surely they have a duty of care over eyes?

I'm not saying he is in the wrong, but it's interesting that you can be reckless in some ways and it has a lot less consequences than other ways.

How are they trying to get that reviewed clearly in touch...

I don't know if it's because there's no crowds but these autumn games I've heard loads of nagging by players to the ref.

Needs to stop.

Well Scotland were definitely the better team for 95% of that game and basically would have won if only they hadn't lost. No doubt at all that Scotland would beat England and with the Autumn nations cup and are the best team in the NH, looking good for the next world cup!

Place your bets on an utterly delusional comment from the Scotland camp for this game.

Well Ireland played better. Scotland fell away after half-time. Overall don't feel like the pressure is off Farrell.

Well Scotland were definitely the better team for 95% of that game and basically would have won if only they hadn't lost. No doubt at all that Scotland would beat England and with the Autumn nations cup and are the best team in the NH, looking good for the next world cup!

Place your bets on an utterly delusional comment from the Scotland camp for this game.
Lol. Took me a second. I was about to go nuclear

I didn't hate that. Played fairly well. Scored when we were on top. Deserved the win. Can't ask for much more than that. A lot of issues with the window as a whole but that's a good way to end it despite an awful start.

Last edited:
A good game to watch for the neutral. I don't know why Sexton cheats at the penalty kicks, he has a massive boot on him so why does he feel the need to steal 5-6 yards before he kicks. The ref gives him the mark he puts his boot saying here 2 yards In front of that takes a tiny run up and walks past it 3-4 yards before kicking it. Biggar is almost as bad, I think the refs need to be more forceful and make them kick it again from the right place.

Latest posts