• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] Ireland vs Wales (13/11/20)

As a Welshman I wish I'd watched the golf. That was painful, it's like watching a dress rehearsal and we forgot to take the playbook with us. I expected some teething issues under new management but it's like they have forgotten what they are playing for. They don't deserve those feathers at the moment. Shocking error count.

Jokes aside: At what point is Pivacs neck on the line?
Post 6N, if things don't pick up?

Apparently there is a 2 year break clause so yeah I'd say after next 6N's. Basically get a result or gone. Especially if they lose to England too and then lose their final game.

Shocking game for the neutral. Too many penalties, hardly any continuity and Wales are in desperate trouble and can't buy a win.
I wasn't expecting much from Wales and they didn't disappoint. Never looked like scoring a try.
AWJ being talked up as Lions captain has to be a joke. He is playing on past reputation now.

Hopefully a better game at Twickenham tomorrow, but I fear a 50+ deficit for Georgia.

Jokes aside: At what point is Pivacs neck on the line?
Post 6N, if things don't pick up?

Hard to believe that 12 months ago they were contenders for the WC Final going down by 3 in the semi to the eventual champs.

Hard to believe that 12 months ago they were contenders for the WC Final going down by 3 in the semi to the eventual champs.
Yes it is hard to believe they were ever there...

Wales seem to have been a nation that could turn it up for the 6N but were **** poor outside it. This has given a distorted perception of the team. Now the Gatland magic is wearing off.

Can't believe I'm totally dissatisfied with a 21 point win over Wales but they're back to where they were in the early noughties. We're ok, what we were in the 00's too, not going to beat the best unless we have a pashunate performance and they don't shoot a shot. Farrell isn't the leader we need.

Call it as it was a heap of crap from both teams. Lowe did well and stood up but was not tested against Tier 1 teams.
JGP had fine game at 9 but I stand by what I said he is a journeyman 9 who impacts off bench but will not be a starter vs big teams if we want to win. And if he does start then I accept that too as he has played better than Murray which says more about state of our 9s.
Billy Burns actually looked good in his time on the field some lovely passes off both hands but again shows how Wales are awful.
Hugo was fine at 15. Hopefully he gets another gallop there next week and Stockdale if he returns goes to where he is best.
POM is not in the future but was superb tonight and showed why Farrell needs him. The lineout needs him. And well he still has a serious role to play as a senior squad player but not always on the field.
Doris was the real gem tonight and well CJ@6 and Doris@8 should be tried too. Backrow is in serious shape now though.
Frontrow was good but well Byrne had few errors when coming on. Porter improving again, Bealham was good when coming on. Hookers are still iffy but the best there.

We beat a shite team. Even next week I would not be 1 bit surprised if we beat England as this is jus t a flat feeling competition and anything could happen. Hard to tell where we are at really.

Latest posts