• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] Wales vs Georgia (21/11/20)

Not much to say about that. Still pretty ****, crap conditions, Wales line out a shambles.
Will always take a win though especially with such a new team.
A new team...
Here's an interesting stat.

24 of the 31 currently in the Wales squad were part of the WC squad.

9 of the 23 that played today were part of the WC squad

5 of the 23 that played today were part of the WC semi-final squad.

Horrible match for Neutral how ever conditions made a decent game hard to find.
What I take Wales struggling to find their new game plan, Georgia are worse than Italy front 5 playing in France doesn't warrant a place in 6 N

A new team...
Here's an interesting stat.

24 of the 31 currently in the Wales squad were part of the WC squad.

9 of the 23 that played today were part of the WC squad

5 of the 23 that played today were part of the WC semi-final squad.
Not sure what you are getting at?
It was a new team. Not 1 or 2 (maximum 5) changes you would make week to week.

Kristian Dacey was in the Lions squad once without actual game time. Doesn't make him a British Lion

Not sure what you are getting at?
It was a new team. Not 1 or 2 (maximum 5) changes you would make week to week.

Kristian Dacey was in the Lions squad once without actual game time. Doesn't make him a British Lion

I accept your point - There were 13 changes from last week. I think the issue I'm attempting to highlight Is that the squad is the team.

There is a wealth of talent and experience in that squad (the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts) - if your best 23 can't perform against a tier 1 side, which has been the case in the past few weeks then let's see how they perform against a tier 2 side. As a coach it may be time to start culling and if that doesn't work then "you" as the coach and management must be the problem.

I accept that of the starting 7 in the back line only Liam Williams provided any experience for the first 60 minutes leaving only Rhys Webb in the backs who had come on 5 minutes earlier for the remainder of the game.

As for the forwards - well, there was a lot of experience in that starting 8 with 2 exceptions and some good experience in the replacements in the form of Brown and Hill.

Yes, the forwards held their own and showed some improvement in set pieces against a notoriously strong pack that haven't been performing themselves particularly well in that department.

Kudo's for not conceding a try too but, I just don't think it's clear what Pivac thinks he learned from today.

I guess we'll see next week.

Btw the only welsh player not used in the WCSF was Elliot Dee.

Not convinced he thinks he's learned v m from it, it was probably just largely survival mode, lots of calls for his head, probably from a Georgian perspective the game to target and go after for an upset based on teams form. Get a cap and game time for those less experienced was probably the main takeaway.

Welsh rugby is like an army whose victories have separated it from its supply lines, It a logistical disaster, and we are heading for at least a decade of mediocracy. Wales has some unique characteristics in that South Wales is a hotbed of young players within an hour's drive of each other, easily reachable and influenced by good practice and influential coaches and well-designed structures. In reality, its a complete dog's ******** of nepotism and incompetence.

Latest posts