• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] Wales vs Italy (05/12/20)

Despite the bizarre grand slam in 2019, Wales have been on the decline for 2 years. They've been awful to watch for 10 years and now the results are matching the aesthetics.

Patchy win despite the scoreline. Wales' discipline and skills were still poor at times, though the set-piece looked better.

Wales deserved the win will trouble persevered top 3 in next year or two.
Yes are they a grand slam contender for me not at present.
But they can beat anyone on their day and will be an upset team for others.

Would Wales have won if Williams had been properly punished?

I imagine they'd have crept home, but I think it could have been pretty close.

Reading your commentary after the match about the one sided commentary is like watching Wales England games and being subjected to BBC with Eddie Butler and Brian Moore. When you've spent your life listening to one sided commentary it's funny reading the other side of the coin.
Wales were better but, Edwards would have beasted them for that penalty count. We haven't figured out the ruck and tackle area this year, and we are a yard or two off. North played well, and probably deserves more chances at 13. Parry had a good game in open play but, made errors at set play. The kicking from Hardy was much better giving LRZ a chance but he needs to learn to catch not knock back. The pop passes were the one highlight and it's funny how the old heads shined, Faletau and Tipuric had decent games. We were really rocking at 55 mins but the subs were experienced and made a difference. I'm glad they gave the youngsters some game time I think I'd give LRZ and Hardy more opportunities but as yet the others haven't shown enough. To keep their places. Interesting Autumn series, I expected little and wasn't disappointed.

Latest posts