• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 2: Australia V New Zealand (Bledisloe 4) (7/11/2020)

If JOC isn't fit i think we just forfeit this one.

Maybe give Reece Hodge a chance at 10. Apparently, he has played there a lot in the past.

ABs need to blood as many players as poss. Bleds in the bag, dead rubber. lets use this game to discover some more players

Maybe give Reece Hodge a chance at 10. Apparently, he has played there a lot in the past.
didn't he play there at the RWC?

@mania agreed, not like a full B team but a couple of changes like wing (Jordan) and maybe BB at 10

Are the Wallabies actually going to make a game of it this week or will it be another thrashing?. Really don't know. I would imagine that will the Bledisloe Cup locked away the All Blacks will rotate their side. Whatever side the AB's pick it will be formidable. Just want Australia to play to their game 1 standard.

some AB's payer rotation and maybe JOC coming back could make more of a game of it

Are the Wallabies actually going to make a game of it this week or will it be another thrashing?. Really don't know. I would imagine that will the Bledisloe Cup locked away the All Blacks will rotate their side. Whatever side the AB's pick it will be formidable. Just want Australia to play to their game 1 standard.
theres a lot of aussie pride on the line here. i imagine that they'll front and give the ABs a run. they know what they did wrong.

theres a lot of aussie pride on the line here. i imagine that they'll front and give the ABs a run. they know what they did wrong.
You say that as if there wasn't any pride on the line last week when we lost by a record margin? it's nonsense. That performance was humiliating in the extreme.

Australian rugby is dead. We produce just enough talent to fill out a top 10 side - and then lose most of it overseas.

Short of massive private equity investment and a complete restructure of grassroots Australia will never be competitive for more than one or two games a year again.

Last edited:
... and a complete restructure of grassroots Australia will never be competitive for more than one or two games a year again.
i totally agree about the grassroots. its whats holding aus back. too much money spent on the top select few and league players instead of investing in the base of the pyramid.
but i believe rennie will talk them up this weekend and instill some pride. alot of being a coach is about being a good motivator..but rennies got his work cut out for him

it wold be a different story (slightly) if aussie had kicked a bloody droppie in wellington

Cracks, paper etc
maybe true, but i'll counter with some things are self for filling, honestly believing they can do it because theyve done it before can sometimes bring out the best in people

Yeah but equally the havent because they cant.

Because they are a dirt **** rugby team.

jeez, all change apparently, still strong

123164325_10157723305646915_5765258645903224497_o.jpg

WALLABIES (1-15): James Slipper, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Allan Alaalatoa, Rob Simmons, Matt Philip, Lachie Swinton, Michael Hooper (c), Harry Wilson, Nic White, Reece Hodge, Marika Koroibete, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Tom Wright, Tom Banks

RESERVES: Folau Fainga'a, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Ned Hanigan, Liam Wright, Tate McDermott, Noah Lolesio, Filipo Daugunu

no JOC

That is, without doubt, the worst Wallaby team i have ever been alive for. Including everything under Cheika.

ouch, Reece Hodge at 10...

Strong looking all back side, personally I wanted to see Cane get rested after he came off with a head knock last week, he needs a rest at some point may as well give it to him now, maybe they intend to play him through the lot season given its only some 6 tests this year?
Coles getting a rest, he has looked very sharp, probably retaken his first string hooker spot.
Goodhue tested, I think the selectors want goodhue at 12 for that Crusaders combination to try and help Richie find his feet. Goodhue has been good in my books, he's made some pretty important plays on attack. If anything he's missed a few tackles.

I really want to see Akira have a big game, Frezell has been very good but I do think Akira has more potential if he can find his feet at test level. Then I mostly cant wait till later in the game when Weber, DMac and Jordan get a run. That could get messy...

Latest posts