• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 2: Australia V New Zealand (Bledisloe 4) (7/11/2020)

I think the legality of tackles was a huge factor in the outcome of this game - finally here's a ref (whether you agree with him or not) that called time on borderline discipline in that area. That hurt the AB's.
But that is part of the problem, players shouldn't have to figure out the ref as all referees should be interpreting the laws in the same way and given the number of cards handed out to both sides I would suggest neither side had much of a clue what he was going to do.

But that is part of the problem, players shouldn't have to figure out the ref as all referees should be interpreting the laws in the same way and given the number of cards handed out to both sides I would suggest neither side had much of a clue what he was going to do.
If Swinton couldn't couldn't figure out that he'd get a red for tackling a player's chin with his shoulder after Tu'ungfasi got a red for tackling a player's chin with his shoulder then I'd say that's a problem with Swinton rather than the ref.

Don't forget that Nic Berry had to retire early from rugby due to concussions from high tackles. If there was ever a ref who was going to enforce the law to protect players it was this man.

The things I've just started seeing pointed out which makes the cards seem a bit silly, neither were sent for an HIA, if were saying these calls are for player safety, any high tackle bad enough for a card should have one automatically

If Swinton couldn't couldn't figure out that he'd get a red for tackling a player's chin with his shoulder after Tu'ungfasi got a red for tackling a player's chin with his shoulder then I'd say that's a problem with Swinton rather than the ref.
I am not arguing that they were not legitimate cardings I am arguing that referees need to referee the laws uniformly, the problem is that some referees red card things that other referees yellow which causes issues.

Thought I'd see more chat about Reiko here. He was terrible on defense and under the high ball and still used one hand to score his easy run in try! He has so much talent but I really can't get behind him.
I said at the start of the game I hoped Oz would win and not only did they win they thoroughly deserved it!

Thought I'd see more chat about Reiko here. He was terrible on defense and under the high ball and still used one hand to score his easy run in try! He has so much talent but I really can't get behind him.
I said at the start of the game I hoped Oz would win and not only did they win they thoroughly deserved it!
I can only imagine the ego on the guy to have botched a try that might have won the game in Wellington...but keeps doing the needless one hand touchdown and dive

I thought it was Reiko's best game in a while, he tackled hard when he did stick them and he ran hard through contact.

Laumape "The danger man" may as well have been an informal red card. If he had been red carded instead of your prop the impact on the game would have been 0. Dude is a waste of space.

Eh, that's my dream now to see a match like that in a real life..or,with this Coronavirus,at least any other rugby match... I'd be happy even with a small European one
Major League Rugby will be starting their season in February. You're all welcome here in San Diego, California. Watch the Legion play and get some surf and sunshine. :cool:

I thought it was Reiko's best game in a while, he tackled hard when he did stick them and he ran hard through contact.

Laumape "The danger man" may as well have been an informal red card. If he had been red carded instead of your prop the impact on the game would have been 0. Dude is a waste of space.
im going blame BB as much for that as anything, he did very little to spark the back line, Laumape, when he did get the ball, was almost always on the back foot or at best flat footed

And I have to say that Sam cane has for the most part done a great job in building his running and linking game, which he had been tasked to work on This year, but there were a few times where his passes were just slightly off, but off enough That Laumape had to slow down his run, meaning he made no impact when hitting the line. Not canes fault, it was the fault of the game plan, but it made it hard for Laumape. The players given responsibility of being key passers need to be very very good at it at this level, not just ok.

Beauden was probably the worst player on the pitch. Laumape may have been quiet, for various reasons, but Beauden had an overall negative impact on the game. Did some good things as always, but did more bad things than good.

A lot of players did at least one bad thing, which is Either a sign that they weren't mentally in the right space coming into the game, or that they got flustered during it and infected each other with their flusteredness. The leaders need to take responsibility to remain composed in those situations, cane and Barrett certainly didn't.

And I have to say that Sam cane has for the most part done a great job in building his running and linking game, which he had been tasked to work on This year, but there were a few times where his passes were just slightly off, but off enough That Laumape had to slow down his run, meaning he made no impact when hitting the line. Not canes fault, it was the fault of the game plan, but it made it hard for Laumape. The players given responsibility of being key passers need to be very very good at it at this level, not just ok.

Beauden was probably the worst player on the pitch. Laumape may have been quiet, for various reasons, but Beauden had an overall negative impact on the game. Did some good things as always, but did more bad things than good.

A lot of players did at least one bad thing, which is Either a sign that they weren't mentally in the right space coming into the game, or that they got flustered during it and infected each other with their flusteredness. The leaders need to take responsibility to remain composed in those situations, cane and Barrett certainly didn't.
thats an interesting point, you right he has.

whats interesting is it hasn't historically been his game, he's been a demon on defence...but then theyve had people like Frizzel who's natural game at SR level is running and offloading...and theyve obviously tasked him with more tackling

is fozzie just making too many people either play out of position or change the game styles that got them into the AB's to start with

cards were justified. ABs didnt adapt quick enough where as aus were going for every opportunity.
an all right game happy with the result. now ABs can start addressing definitive problems
no ones mentioned TJ. i thought he was a major liability. attack looked heaps better when weber came on but with less than 5 mins to go i wonder what was the point? TJ should've been given 30 mins then subbed off.
TJs past 3 seasons have been deteriorating

cards were justified. ABs didnt adapt quick enough where as aus were going for every opportunity.
an all right game happy with the result. now ABs can start addressing definitive problems
no ones mentioned TJ. i thought he was a major liability. attack looked heaps better when weber came on but with less than 5 mins to go i wonder what was the point? TJ should've been given 30 mins then subbed off.
TJs past 3 seasons have been deteriorating
i must have got mixed up with another board, thats is full of TJ blaming...that first box kick that only went about 15m when it should have been an exit/clearance...it set the tone

My housemate is a kiwi and a hurricanes fan. He constantly bangs on about TJ, Laumape and Jordie Barrett being the best in the world. But honestly none of them perform at international level.

Latest posts