• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

I would love to play PRO14 ... To what extent would the 2 Italian teams be more attractive than Jaguares in the eyes of the Welsh and the Irish? The time difference with Buenos Aires exists but it is not that important. Barely 4 or 5 hours. Nothing to do with Oceania.
i guess SAANZA had less options for competitive teams, Argentina and Japan the only options, Italy are close and their national side in in the 6 nations

i guess SAANZA had less options for competitive teams, Argentina and Japan the only options, Italy are close and their national side in in the 6 nations
You New Zealanders could give us a hand as well. You could allow Jaguares to integrate your future SuperRugby. We are not asking you to make a great effort. We ask your teams to travel to Argentina once every year. You no longer have the excuse to say that there is too much displacement. With the withdrawal of South Africans you make very short trips to Australia without time difference. If Argentina is improving, that is also interesting for you. We have a much greater potential for progress than that of Italy and Japan.

You New Zealanders could give us a hand as well. You could allow Jaguares to integrate your future SuperRugby. We are not asking you to make a great effort. We ask your teams to travel to Argentina once every year. You no longer have the excuse to say that there is too much displacement. With the withdrawal of South Africans you make very short trips to Australia without time difference. If Argentina is improving, that is also interesting for you. We have a much greater potential for progress than that of Italy and Japan.
Id love the Jaguares to be involved. I just cant see how Aus can afford the travel. We are very broke.

I think itd also be great to have Argentinians involved in our teams, though i guess thats obviously not what i imagine you guys want as fans.

Id love the Jaguares to be involved. I just cant see how Aus can afford the travel. We are very broke.

I think itd also be great to have Argentinians involved in our teams, though i guess thats obviously not what i imagine you guys want as fans.
The important thing for us is to have a team integrated in a competition of excellence which constitutes the backbone of Pumas.
This team also serves as a school for very talented young people who thus find a career accelerator that they could not have in non-Argentinian teams (they would have very few playing minutes).
Jaguares allowed pumas:
1) to acquire collective automatisms
2) young players to very quickly become select level players.

Mostrar más
Mostrar menos

we as fans would love the argies to be involved, the time difference was more palatable than SA for example, sunday morning games over brunch

two big things,

1) like Derpus, NZR doesn't have the money, theyre currently looking at changing our domestic comp to try and save money, splitting into north v south, never forget Nz has less than 5M people
2) COVID, looks like its still pretty rampant in south america and both NZ and AUS have decided to not take a gamble it will be all sorted by feb, i think a comp that had to take 2-3 breaks every time a team came into NZ/AUS just wouldn't flow well

I hope they can be reincorporated down the track, definitely

need to work on those closer to home, ie pasifika

I would love to play PRO14 ... To what extent would the 2 Italian teams be more attractive than Jaguares in the eyes of the Welsh and the Irish? The time difference with Buenos Aires exists but it is not that important. Barely 4 or 5 hours. Nothing to do with Oceania.

Two Italian teams and some Scotish teams are not more attractive than Jaguares or other Argentine teams for me.

If I would guess why Irish and Welsh would prefer the Italians then it would be because they are also European. And that their timezone correlates better with them.. two hours is better than 4, also because their rugby history is more tightly linked than with Argentima. SANZAAR wants more competition , they wanted to expand borders. Europe seems more inclusive within the EU borders. Its fair enough I can't blame them , it what they prefer , who are we to tell them what they should prefer .

I am very surprised that they allowed us to join the pro 14 as is .

Argentina will ground and pound their way to victory. Go Pumas!

Last edited:
Calm down mate, I was just pointing out you were in the wrong thread, you didn't even need to reply if your already realised
Me calm down, you're redundant. So I made a mistake, what part of let it go don't you understand? :rolleyes: Go ahead and take the last word. Good night.

Latest posts