• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2020 Rugby Championship in Aus

I'm at peace with the decision. I don't want our 100th test match with the All Blacks to be some rushed post covid **** up. Let's wait, maybe we can have a tour against them when we are ready.

If we were going to tour I would have started a matchday squad made entirely from foreign based players who has had lots of matches. Then slowly phase in the local players. But I'm happy , let's make our domestic comp strong and have the Springboks playing in the Currie cup. Take the Currie cup to 12 for this year and enjoy. With all the Springboks it won't be diluted. Sure some teams will get klapped but that's all the more reason as those kind of games is good with unearthing some players with x factor or fast tracking player form.

I'm at peace with the decision. I don't want our 100th test match with the All Blacks to be some rushed post covid **** up. Let's wait, maybe we can have a tour against them when we are ready.

Yeah me too. That article explains in detail the method in the madness.

I'm pretty sure Rassie and Jurie are alread talking to other unions about a planned match-up early in 2021.

5 hrs ago on the RC facebooked page

5 hours ago it was 04:00 am here. So I guess SARU was nice enough to have the South African people have a good sleep and waited until all the men woke up, get their morning coffee, and switch on to channel 200 and then made the announcement locally...

If we were going to tour I would have started a matchday squad made entirely from foreign based players who has had lots of matches. Then slowly phase in the local players. But I'm happy , let's make our domestic comp strong and have the Springboks playing in the Currie cup. Take the Currie cup to 12 for this year and enjoy. With all the Springboks it won't be diluted. Sure some teams will get klapped but that's all the more reason as those kind of games is good with unearthing some players with x factor or fast tracking player form.

Having an All Blacks tour before the B&I Lions would be sensational.

it would be awesome to watch but im not sure the Boks would want such touch tests right before the lions
They'd probably need it, wouldn't they?
It will have been the lions share (hoho) of two years since their last test if they don't play before the tour

it would be awesome to watch but im not sure the Boks would want such touch tests right before the lions
I think it will actually benefit the Boks to have such a tough encounter before the Lions tour.

And my guess is that SARU would look at a March/April date to have a few tests. If we can squeeze in 3 or 4 tests before the Lions tour, we would be in a good spot.

The inevitability of injuries will always remain, so the coaches should look past that, and focus more on having the players match-fit and in prime condition. And perhaps having a 3 match series against the All Blacks might just be the perfect olive branch to put the recent disagreements behind them. Could also be a very big financial boost for both countries....

I think it will actually benefit the Boks to have such a tough encounter before the Lions tour.

And my guess is that SARU would look at a March/April date to have a few tests. If we can squeeze in 3 or 4 tests before the Lions tour, we would be in a good spot.

The inevitability of injuries will always remain, so the coaches should look past that, and focus more on having the players match-fit and in prime condition. And perhaps having a 3 match series against the All Blacks might just be the perfect olive branch to put the recent disagreements behind them. Could also be a very big financial boost for both countries....
jeez, if the Boks are keen im sure the AB's fans would like it!

jeez, if the Boks are keen im sure the AB's fans would like it!
There were talks about bringing back the old tours between SA and NZ last year or the year before when SANZAAR was looking at joining the Global Calendar.

2021 Could be a bumper year for tests to "make up" for lost matches and revenue of 2020.

With the SA franchises in the Pro16 now it'd make sense for them to play some internationals while the 6N is on

So basically SARU and the boks used covid as an excuse not to enter the RC because they knew the ABs would have walloped them. Smart.

Latest posts