[2020 Six Nations] England Squad

Ddanno

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Oh I'm perfectly fine with the ban length, I just find good character considering his record and remorse after the way he kicked off on social media a bit laughable.

He's got character, the "good" bit is wholly subjective is all ;)

TommiG88

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Oh I'm perfectly fine with the ban length, I just find good character considering his record and remorse after the way he kicked off on social media a bit laughable.
Kicked off on social media? The ********, utter ******** thing?
If so, I think it’s quite clear he’s trying to make light of the situation, seeing as he was grabbing ********.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Kicked off on social media? The ********, utter ******** thing?
If so, I think it’s quite clear he’s trying to make light of the situation, seeing as he was grabbing ********.
not exactly showing remorse though is it?

higgik

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Saracens

The thing I can't understand is how a violent act like Bastereud last year gets less. I think a charge of Bringing the game into disrepute would have been a far better charge, more salient to the situation, which was an ill conceived idea of a bit of a wind up. It was not violent but inappropriate.

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

He’s now deleted his Twitter due to all the abuse he was getting.

Gustard got publicly angry with him a while back for getting binned in a club match. Likely to be spitting feathers big time over this.

Not his finest hour.

Nudger

Bench Player
Reaction score
Hi all
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
Have we written of the summer tours ?

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Hi all
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
Have we written of the summer tours ?
The first fixture for Eng is 4 Jul and it’s April in a couple of days. Really can’t see it happening and risks shouldn’t be taken.

Nudger

Bench Player
Reaction score
A lot can happen in 3 months(the optimist in me)
Germany are testing people for immunity if that's successful it could be run out to players,then squads can get back together.
But the realist is hoping for the season to start on time

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Yeah - I suspect we’ll have to write off any ideas of completing the Premiership season or touring this summer.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I think a reset for the 20/21 season is probably a more realistic expectation.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Tigs Man

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation

Wigan

100% for it.
Mainly cause he's going to be Tigers captain in a few seasons and don't want the welsh to bring him to a welsh club.

That being said we don't need him at all.

TBH sod it give him a cap just to spite the welsh for Williams and Thompkins. (Also cause of Tigers pretty please).
Reality is though Reffell is as welsh as they come and not sure he would pick England anyway.

Sounds more like Eddie doing his usually ruffle the feathers of the other unions (Which I am 100% for considering they don't care about us) and he isn't actually going to cap him.

IDK why Martin is being touted to over take Willis. Martin is pretty much a lock.

Reiser99

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

If you ignore Sarries currently as there position has nothing to do with current form, has there been a team so low in the table that has provided so many England players?

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

If you ignore Sarries currently as there position has nothing to do with current form, has there been a team so low in the table that has provided so many England players?
When you say so many... I reckon the next England squad will only include 3 (Genge, Youngs and Ford). Cole’s out of favour and May and Tuilagi are no longer Tigers.

Last edited:

Which Tyler

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I'm sure there has been - eg Bath when they've flirted at the bottom of the table

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Barbarians

100% for it.
Mainly cause he's going to be Tigers captain in a few seasons and don't want the welsh to bring him to a welsh club.

That being said we don't need him at all.

TBH sod it give him a cap just to spite the welsh for Williams and Thompkins. (Also cause of Tigers pretty please).
Reality is though Reffell is as welsh as they come and not sure he would pick England anyway.

Sounds more like Eddie doing his usually ruffle the feathers of the other unions (Which I am 100% for considering they don't care about us) and he isn't actually going to cap him.

IDK why Martin is being touted to over take Willis. Martin is pretty much a lock.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Do we really need to be looking past:
  1. Tom Curry
  2. Sam Underhill
  3. Lewis Ludlam
  4. Ben Earl
  5. Jack Willis
  6. Ben Curry
and trying to poach a born and bred Welsh player?

Nothing against Reffell as a player, but literally every player in that list is a better player with a far more sustained track record of form.

Apparently the Willis brothers qualify for Ireland and have been sniffing around. I would be absolutely gutted if we lose Jack (and Tom).

As for Martin, I think he can potentially justify the hype as the next big thing at lock, but I don’t want to see him at flanker when we’ve got Ted Hill if we want a big, rangy blindside.

Reiser99

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

When you say so many... I reckon the next England squad will only include 3 (Genge, Youngs and Ford). Cole’s out of favour and May and Tuilagi are no longer Tigers.

Well hopefully Youngs is off the list too. Really need to give experience to some younger players as there is only a handful of caps outside of Youngs. Only Genge and Ford deserve a look in.

ragerancher

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Who would we have as our top 3 scrumhalves assuming Care and Youngs are no longer in the picture? Spencer and Robson I imagine would be the first 2 choices and personally as 3rd choice I'd quite like to see what Randall can offer.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Is Alex Mitchell fit? If so I’d definitely give him a look in - he was one of the standouts of last year’s Babaas game. Maunder’s also done well since being given the Chiefs’ reins.

I’m not a particularly big fan of Randall to be honest, especially after he got hooked so early against Chiefs. Not sure how we can expect him to go well at international level if his club don’t trust him at Prem level yet.

Spencer is the clear first choice though.

1. Spencer
2. Robson
3. Maunder/Mitchell