• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England Squad

So we had a back row of

A 5 at 6
A 8 at 7
And a 7 at 8

Well done Eddie for continuing to be a prick. Tactics and selection wrong for today again.

I wonder how Wilson got on this week, good to see him back though. 2 weeks away will be too soon but should see him this tournament. With Billy out and EJ reluctance to pick an 8, I think we need Wilson back.

I do Watson and Manu are back in 2 weeks. Especially Watson, Daly looked slow and Furbank looks like he needs more club minutes.

honestly can't take much from today's game other than composure and decision making. Conditions were terrible.

Honestly I wish we did more of those things.
But clubs won't because too much risk really.

1 thing I would hope ring fencing could do is bring more clubs to look at loaning players to other countries instead of just loaning them down the league.

I know teams do it at U19 level sometimes Tigers have a partnership with Sydney uni.

But would be cool to see it at a older age.
Like maybe have some U20 backs play a season in Japan etc.

this is something I don't understand at all. Like clearly English clubs are **** at developing scrum halves so why not send young scrum halves to France for a year or two to learn. The players would love it and I'm sure France could send some locks or whatever to england as an exchange.

I'm a fan of Daly's boot...

For you my friend :)

upload_2020-2-9_8-56-32.jpeg

I'm unsure what daly brings to us out on the wing. Looks slow, no great running lines/workrate, not particularly big to barge past people, suspect under the high ball and can't tackle

Yeah if Daly has lost a yard of pace he shouldn't be there anymore
His selling points are big boot (we never use it), creativity on attack (we never use it), and pure gas. If he's lost that then it's an easy decision to bring Watson in and drop him to the bench (if not further).
Furbank is nothing flashy at the back but he's been more secure there than Daly has ever looked.

Ford Farrell has to be binned Ford is great at taking the ball to the line but forwards want to pick themselves uo and run forward his game management leaves a lot to be desired

Really don't understand people wanting daley to outside centre when they say he cant tackle daley at best 4th choice
Don't think anyone necessarily wants him there now but he looked good there when he was younger but then spent most of his time in the back 3 afterwards

Matt Dawson on the BBC saying that 'If you hadn't seen England play before you would have said [George Ford] was the captain'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51435385

I thought he had a decent game given the conditions, but can't say I picked up on this. I do agree where he said the senior players need to step up to take pressure off Faz.

...really?
I can't remember seeing anything captainly from him, and I'd say it was arguably his worst test in an England shirt (obviously conditions played a big part in that)

I think the main thing is a lack of leadership in the forwards. A lot of times England are under pressure is when the forwards are slow to get back on their feet, slow to get back in position, don't charge up to smash players and sometimes just stand around gawping as a player runs through the line rather than trying to do anything about it. They keep getting caught napping and you need some talismanic players in the forwards to spur everyone else on. Currently nobody is fulfilling this role.

Genge, Curry and Underhill all have that drive and aggression in them. A lot of the others only turn it on occasionally, the rest of the time just coasting. Jones was able to get them all fired up in the lead up to the world cup but now they have regressed back to their passive attitudes of 2018.

Slade watson and tuilangi back in training
Thats interesting, ford may faz manu watson furbank, 22 Slade 23 Daly vs Ireland? Thats what i expect, then ford for Slade, Daly for furbank. I like the faz manu slade axis especially when you have the likes of may and watson out wide and tbh daly at FB(not denying his defensive flaws here but his attack in the combination works v well)

Latest posts