• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England vs Wales (07/03/20)

England pretty dominant today. Their defense won them this match, it was brutal and uncompromising from start to 70 something minutes where playing with 14 and then 13 prevented them from employing their rush defense.

The score flattered us because England had that game won before the last quarter really.
Wales had more possession so where does dominant come in?? Hardly dominant, yes we were chasing the game and never ahead but it shows you every time we attacked inside their 22 they struggled badly and we came away with penalties ! Hardly dominant...

If it was directly to the head with force on a player who has a pretty bad history of concussion where's the HIA?
Absolutely.

Every game it feels like North takes another step towards to a genuine tragedy.

It feels melodramatic you say it, but I don't think it is. Seriously, given everything we know about repeated concussions, why has no one stepped in?

Having gone through this, it looks like the usual 'if it happens to Wales it's wrong, but if it happens to England it's totally and undeniably right' parade. It happens.

Tuilagi knew he'd done wrong. No protest from him and a nice gesture to apologise to North. One of those in the moment things that will happen from time to time. He and North are very lucky it only glanced his head because that could have been very, very serious if it had caught him flush.

Absolutely.

It feels melodramatic you say it, but I don't think it is. Seriously, given everything we know about repeated concussions, why has no one stepped in?
Sorry but can you show me the attempt to wrap the arm ??IT WAS RECKLESS

Absolutely.

Sorry but can you show me the attempt to wrap the arm ??IT WAS RECKLESS

SO 13 men beat 15 plus the ref - not bad going. The red was ridiculous - it was a fast moving collision and unless Rugby cn somehow defy the simple laws of physics, it will often happen - there was an earlier collisoin when Alun Wyn Jones and an England player - can't remember who - clashed heads - potentially more damaging, but clearly not illegal. Had North not started to fall the shoulder to head would not have occurred
Seriously?? You weren't watching the same incident , Dan bigger got carded for this In the world cup , probably exactly the same stop moaning it was a red all day pal

SO 13 men beat 15 plus the ref - not bad going. The red was ridiculous - it was a fast moving collision and unless Rugby cn somehow defy the simple laws of physics, it will often happen - there was an earlier collisoin when Alun Wyn Jones and an England player - can't remember who - clashed heads - potentially more damaging, but clearly not illegal. Had North not started to fall the shoulder to head would not have occurred
Mike in fairness you need to compare like for like 2 players running into each other and clashing heads is different to MT throwing himself shoulder first head other way and ends up catching someone heads.
Yes it wasn't malicious.
In reality North was tackled and out of game.
If it had been on his knee , waist ,chest no issues, but out of control hits head never a legal tackle in today's TV rugby so red.
Take a look on replay and see how he turns his head and dives in.Out of control so must take the consequences.
Played in 70s 80s even 90s when this was legal however not now.
We shall agree to disagree on this one just happy we won.

England got the run of the green here. Ref warns Farrell for off the ball incident on north and the Farrell goes on to push bigger for no reason off the ball and fall over theatrically to disguise it. Yet no yellow for the English captain and all you biggar ref moaners can't moan tonight can you?? I

England got the run of the green here. Ref warns Farrell for off the ball incident on north and the Farrell goes on to push bigger for no reason off the ball and fall over theatrically to disguise it. Yet no yellow for the English captain and all you biggar ref moaners can't moan tonight can you?? I
We won you lost get over it

Latest posts