• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England vs Wales (07/03/20)

Honestly its all fair in terms of further credentials we'd like to see, I'm thinking on terms of are we likely to see it and has anyone really got better credentials?

Possibly Cockerill?

Honestly its all fair in terms of further credentials we'd like to see, I'm thinking on terms of are we likely to see it and has anyone really got better credentials?
McCall, Schmidt, Cotter, Hansen, Jones, Erasmus
Good arguments could be made for Cockerill, Boyd, Borthwick, Hatley, Gustard, Farrell, Catt, O'Shea

Basically, anyone who's coached multiple teams, anyone who's coached at international level, hell, anyone who's taken a talented kid and got them up around "World Class" status*

For me (contraversially), Baxter's biggest failure has been his England players. Between them, LCD, Simmonds, Slade & Nowell should be closing on 200 caps by now - they've currently closing on 100. 3 of the 4 are hamstrung by playing in the wrong positions for their talent (Simmonds is a flanker for every team that Exeter; Slade should be World Class by now, if played at IC; Nowell would be undroppable, rather than a place-holder if he was playing OC or FB). He can get the best out of good players - but he doesn't know what to do with pure class.

Last edited:
Marler, Lawes and Tuilagi cited, no Welsh player
Looooool
What was Lawes cited for? (clip please)

edit: oh yeah and this why you don't gob off about the ref after the game...

Anyway Marler's on the grabbing genitals offence so 12 weeks as it will hard to argue for anything higher, will plead guilty but get little time off for 'good behaviour'. 2nd retirement?

Marler, Lawes and Tuilagi cited, no Welsh player
Looooool

What did a Welsh player do that would be possibly be ban worthy? Only one I could think is Parkes high tackle on Tuilagi but I've only seen one angle where you can't see where shoulder connects.

Last edited:
What did a Welsh player do that would be possibly be ban worthy? Only one I could think is Parkes high tackle on Tuilagi but I've only seen one angle where you can't see why shoulder connects.

Leon Brown no arms chop tackle on Sinckler in 60th minute?

What did a Welsh player do that would be possibly be ban worthy? Only one I could think is Parkes high tackle on Tuilagi but I've only seen one angle where you can't see why shoulder connects.
Wasn't there a thing on Curry as well?

Actually part of the frustrating part of the citing process is they tend to only go for the cut and dried stuff, stuff in the yellow to in between category rarely get mentioned unless it was a talking point. Its been a long time since I last mentioned it but NHL get it right everything dubious should be looked and they should give detailed answers if case does or doesn't have to be answered for.

Also in the case of MT they shouldn't be afraid to contradict the referee saying mitigating factors should of been applied. Or if the case may be why they were not mitigating enough.

Communication is key but we don't get a lot apart from sometimes a refs explanation in game.

Apart from possibly Parkes there wasn't anything worth citing for Wales. It was more simple penalties not being called by ref or TMO at the time that was frustrating.

Tip tackle and then elbow to the head is a citeable offence,
Shoulder to the head with force is a citeable offence

Those things are citable if it was a red offence. It was a dangerous clear out, where player was lifted but landed level so a yellow. I didn't think he elbowed him in the head, wasn't it chest area? So many of those sort of clear outs, where jacklers/tacklers are not that close to the ball but get nailed by the attacked team clearing out, really wish that WR clamped down on it.

England comfortably the better side, much more than the scoreline suggested. England kicked a lot in possession and territory and it worked, complete to opposite to last year where Wales dealt with it very well. Good kicking got them into a good position then Wales were simply unable to stop them scoring points. Worryingly Wales seemed to be both narrow in defence and unable to slow the ball down, defensive tactics have been poor this 6 nations especially in the away games. In attack again Wales struggled, lack of tight ball carriers so they have to get creative to get quick ball and they seem to be struggling to get over the gain line. I didn't think kicking from hand was good either. With England's rush defence up so fast, Wales should be trying a few dinks over the top to get the England defensive line at least thinking about not rushing up to fast. This is something Anscombe did well last year and I'm surprised that they didn't try it a bit more.

Hardly surprising Joe getting support given public school culture is renowned for kids getting fingered,handled or rogered by all and sundry. Its what the game was built on,the playing fields of England.
Face it, in Jones you have an utter shithouse,in Farrell a clever ,great kicker but deeply obnoxious twat As for Marler, the gutter I where he lives. When Beaumont was captain and the likes of Duckham were playing ,England had respect ;now there are detested but youhave to see from non English eyes.. England is a fine country let down by this grotesque set up .

But allowe
England comfortably the better side, much more than the scoreline suggested. England kicked a lot in possession and territory and it worked, complete to opposite to last year where Wales dealt with it very well. Good kicking got them into a good position then Wales were simply unable to stop them scoring points. Worryingly Wales seemed to be both narrow in defence and unable to slow the ball down, defensive tactics have been poor this 6 nations especially in the away games. In attack again Wales struggled, lack of tight ball carriers so they have to get creative to get quick ball and they seem to be struggling to get over the gain line. I didn't think kicking from hand was good either. With England's rush defence up so fast, Wales should be trying a few dinks over the top to get the England defensive line at least thinking about not rushing up to fast. This is something Anscombe did well last year and I'm surprised that they didn't try it a bit more.

BUT allowed Wales to pressure them leading to indiscipline (misconduct) which ,had the game gone on 5 min longer,would have cost them the game

Hardly surprising Joe getting support given public school culture is renowned for kids getting fingered,handled or rogered by all and sundry. Its what the game was built on,the playing fields of England.
Face it, in Jones you have an utter shithouse,in Farrell a clever ,great kicker but deeply obnoxious twat As for Marler, the gutter I where he lives. When Beaumont was captain and the likes of Duckham were playing ,England had respect ;now there are detested but youhave to see from non English eyes.. England is a fine country let down by this grotesque set up .
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Latest posts